Make night vision Greyscale (bright moonlight)

Discussion in 'Archived Topics' started by Pounce, Apr 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pounce

Pounce Avatar

why?
    It would fit the magic (moon)
    Green is from nightvision googles, it has technical reasons, and does not look pretty.
    Greyscale though would be even from an RL sense make sense because night hunters have the black and white sensors in abundance, not green sensors (green cat eyeglow is an matter of reflecting layers behind the nervecells, they do not see the world "in green"

So i vote for an greyscale nightvision because i judge it more immersive

(and it should be not that hard to put into game i guess....)

2. Hemswal The Descended

Hemswal The Descended Avatar

Green nightvision should come from craftable Kobold Goggles. I agree it should be grey, blue, or purple-ish. Green is just the wrong color. Always has been.

3. Solstar

Solstar Avatar

The green is actually because our eyes are more sensitive to green, so the night vision doesn't have to produce the images with as much light. It can provide us with more detail, use less energy, and not blind us to darkness as strongly, just in case we have to take off the goggles quickly.

And since the spell is magic, and can be whatever you want it to be, it just makes sense from a biological standpoint to mimic night vision goggles.

4. Black Tortoise

Black Tortoise Avatar

Instead of greyscale, Id like blue & green scale, with the cooler tones only coming in for contrast at the level 80 + range. At GM perhaps some slight warm/red hues to border moving objects (like mobs). :-D

5. Astor Cerberus

Astor Cerberus Avatar

I'll chime in with another reason I dislike green - I use a green screen to stream, when I turn on night vision (when it's night time in RL) there's enough green cast off my screen that I either need to retune my camera and chroma settings or my face becomes transparent! :O

Spoon likes this.
  6. Pounce

Pounce Avatar

But main reason..it is FUGLY!

7. eli

eli Avatar

Accurate, but the technical reasons are because of your eye technology, not because of the optics technology.

your eyes are better at distinguishing shades of green than any other color.

8. Pounce

Pounce Avatar

As faar i know red, but that aside the grey or maybe blueish (moonlight ish) would fit and look better than the green (I already hate night in brittany when i am forced to see green)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.