Special item for Release 100

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by One Zero, Mar 1, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. One Zero

One Zero Avatar

We have release 100 coming in about 2 months. During the livestream last Friday Chris asked people to put in the chat what special item should go in the game to celebrate R100. That was a bit chaotic so perhaps try that question again here on the forum.

How about an option to craft, loot or purchase the Release 1 chicken room? Let it be placeable as a basement or dungeon? The game has come a long way since starting as a simple small room with a chicken. If I recall correctly, the player was only equipped with basic clothing and a sword.

So, what unique item or feature do you suggest goes into the game to identify and celebrate Release 100?

2. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

A way to "Gild" your Shroud, making it competitive with capes right now, give it different gems you can socket to it (and replace), that give special stats and balanced by your virtues!

3. Warrior B'Patrick

Warrior B'Patrick Avatar

Greetings all
    Someone mentioned during the live stream an increase in the number of Deco, Lights, Containers, NPCs, and NPC Buildings. Being a Governor that appealed to me but I can think of a lot more.

A framed Certificate for being a member during the 100th Release, non tradable
    100,000 exp for logging in During R100, 1 time only
    100% increase in all node loot (Chris mentioned this)
    Replenishing fireworks that spells out 100 in the air
    someone mentioned 100 potions (not one of my favorites)
    and my favorite suggestion (because it is mine) a new pet.

A dalmatian dog with 100 spots. One with black spots and one with liver spot
    s

4. Lazarus Long

Lazarus Long Avatar

Actually at the end of this month. 30 days from now :)

Been asking for this for ages! Would be GREAT!

Should be A GIFT for all folks who login during R100 be a dungeon room and tradeable :)

Love these ideas as well! Especially Deco & Light Limits with the exception for the Non Tradeable part.

Personally I would like to see Functional Kobold Cloud Cannons!
    Pew pew pew.

5. brewtus23

brewtus23 Avatar

How about we get the ability to Do Dragon Dungeons!!

Adam Crow, Tirrag and Violet Ronso like this.
  6. Lazlo

Lazlo Avatar

100x xp ofc

Cordelayne, FBohler and Adam Crow like this.
  7. Crazy Teeka

Crazy Teeka Avatar

Chocolate and Coconut Pie Dough, Sweet and Full of Flavour. Must have 120 Cooking to Craft. :p

8. thradia

thradia Avatar

mmmm pie

9. Akandriel

Akandriel Avatar

100 year old ale.

Anpu likes this.
  10. craftymethod

craftymethod Avatar

a) location marker device (non lot) that registers on town crier.
    b) secret location scanner device.

wildcard
    c) ability to place an item on the ground outside lots.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2022
    FBohler likes this.
  11. Pifester

Pifester Bug Hunter

replenishing potion box that gives 2x xp gain for ...to be determined amount time. There are times during the 2x XP that I was unable to log in, and there are times where my internet connection is lacking. I wouldn't mind being able to "choose" 2x xp for a limited amount of time.

Doesn't stack, has a ...1 week cooldown, maybe heritage, or account bound (the box), potions are sellable, but with a long cooldown, you cant chug them, and any more than a few are not really useful.

just spitballing a idea.

How about a R100 dagger, similar to the founders dagger, good for 1 hit, then remake into a wall-hanger deco, or use the hilt for a special weapon (similar to founder/royal founder daggers).

Crafters Boon - 1 shot item that raises your % chance to do a successful enchant/masterwork by....some percentage. Account bound, once its used on a item - the item gets a small R10 "bonus" that locks the item from handing it off to someone else to use their "boon" on it...1 month life on it, so if its not used by R101, it becomes deco

Crafters boon #2, the regenerator - adds xx durability back to the item, Account bound, once its used on a item - the item gets a small R10 "bonus" that locks the item from handing it off to someone else to use their "boon" on it, also turns to deco at R101 if its not used

R100 Table enhancer - item that can be combined to a crafting table that gives it a boost. Could give that +5 table a little nudge, or maybe a NPC bought table something more than just deco.

I got more ideas, but all related to crafting....so

kaeshiva and Adam Crow like this.
  12. James Daughety

James Daughety Avatar

allow everyone to choose Wax Cylinders to play in there own phonograph's and when you walk in there house you can hear what they chose and it can possibly loop what is in the phonograph. This could also be for Dungeons and Basements and when you are not inside a house it will move back to POT music or game music like you would have to enter through any of the doors that go in the house to hear what is playing.

13. Warrior B'Patrick

Warrior B'Patrick Avatar

Greetings James Daughety
    I like your suggestion! I would like to add a couple of enhancements to it.

It should be a totem or statue and have a select able range like x amount of feet, room, building or lot. You can place it on your lot, basement or each room of your dungeon. It would only hold 1 wax cylinder and would loop.

You could then design dangerous or special quest areas that would play certain music or have different music for safe areas and spawner areas in dungeons.

James Daughety and Adam Crow like this.
  14. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

How about a Weapon of the Avatar? That is, a unique weapon that you get from a you-choose style grab bag.

ConjurerDragon and Pifester like this.
  15. Jack SinAssist

Jack SinAssist Avatar

The best gift would be the removal of vault items from the store and retiring them permanently.
    And the removal of "heritage" tags and make everything tradeable.

16. queenbee

queenbee Avatar

I don't know why most coto items are heritage. Many times I want to buy something for someone only to see it's not tradeable. I think Shroud is missing out on some income due to this issue.

I would think they would rather have more real money in their pocket than be concerned about players having more fake coins in the game?

Wilfred and Tiina Onir like this.
  17. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I thought when you buy a heritage item that it would be pre-packaged for trade?

18. queenbee

queenbee Avatar

It might have changed? But the last time I bought something for someone, I didn't notice it was heritaage and would not let me send it

Barugon likes this.
  19. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

If it's not pre-packed then it should be, because requiring someone to pay extra to send an item to a friend when they just bought it is pretty crappy.

20. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Heritage items, once purchased, can be right clicked on and be made into a tradable bundle item for a cost of COTO’s.

I personally have no issue with that.

Cordelayne and Sean Silverfoot like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.