12/20/13 Update Discussion

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Phredicon, Dec 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Phredicon

Phredicon Avatar

Lots of good stuff in the update:

Was very nice reading the Dev viewpoints on R1, especially that we'll hopefully see jumping in R2!

The Duke castle looks very castle-ish, as it should. Definitely an expansive roof deck.

I like the changes to the Founder's Knight keep, but it'll take wandering through it to know for sure. Go ahead, fire up Owl's Head for me, I won't be but a minute. I'm waiting... ;)

You totally got me with the 6-pack of Prosperity tools. I've resisted buying anything from the add-on store since it didn't apply towards my pledge total but, yeah, you got me. Nicely done.

Now for the bad.

I'm VERY disappointed to see Town & City lots for sale outside of pledges. I never minded the village plots for sale since there was always going to be so many of them I expected there would be a good bit leftover for purchase in game, but with the assumption of "dozens" of City lots in the world and 50 for sale....

Can we please get told how many of each size lot you, the devs, intend to have in the world and what percentage WILL be available for purchase in game after launch? At the very least can you assure us and others that may not have the cash for housing but have the will to earn it in game that there WILL be some and that not all the land could be sold for cash beforehand?

Thanks for the update!

Time Lord likes this.
  2. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

I love the update and don't have a problem with any of it.

The one thing I wish they had was a way to buy a TAX FREE deed in the add-on store.

3. Duke Death-Knell

Duke Death-Knell Avatar

Love what the did for the Knight founder house. Really looks good.
    Dukes island home looks impressive, not sure about how it fits on the water plot.

But that brings a question to mind. Will the Dukes island home be available R2?

Already bought some of the prosperity tools. Don't think I want to buy the bundle.

Town and city plots. Think they are under-priced.
    Citizen pledge was originally $500, so $200 for a village plot makes 500/200= 2.5
    So, lord was 1500/2.5=600
    Baron was $3000/2.5=1200

licemeat likes this.
  4. Sir Bradley White

Sir Bradley White Avatar

I am happy with the update. Too bad I already have most of the Prosperity tools, so the add-on pack for me is worthless. Oh well, a good discount of basically buy one get the sixth free to anyone that didn't buy a single one. If you had already bought one then the pack is worthless to buy unless you plan on giving out any extras you get. *shrugs*

I can't really say anything about the lots. Doesn't surprise me they put some up, but what surprised me was how many they put up of each. I would have thought they would have put up a lot less then they did. Now that they did that many it makes me wonder just how many they plan on having for V/T/C lots all together.

Time Lord, licemeat and Lebowski like this.
  5. Drocis the Devious

The current price of the prosperity tools is reduced by 15%, so at some point all six would be worth $90. So you're really saving a ton by buying that pack now.

6. High Baron O`Sullivan

High Baron O`Sullivan Avatar

The Founders Knight home looks awesome now. Much more befitting a Commander of Lord British's Knights.

7. Sir Bradley White

Sir Bradley White Avatar

Yes, for those that never purchased one of the tools it is worth buying it, but I have 3 already, so the pack won't be saving me anything (and cost me $20 more) to just buy the last 3 separately. And that is while they are on sale. The same goes for if someone has one tool already. They most likely already spent $10, so to get the other 5 tools would be $50 - or the price of the addon pack - unless they just get the addon pack and trade one of the extra tools they get.

So for someone that doesn't have any tools the pack is a great bargain. For those that purchased them as they came out each week the pack isn't worth it to us.

Edit: And I am not complaining about the pack. I sort of figured they might do something like this. Was just explaining why it is pointless to me as someone that purchased most of them already.

Time Lord likes this.
  8. Pendragon

Pendragon Avatar

In the woods looking for a wandering healer.
    I still am wondering if there will ever be a quill of prosperity? Or at the least an endless inkwell. (hint hint)

As for the property sales, damn I hope all the lots aren't sold before march. Since the village lots took a while to sell out, I have hope. Then again for that price + my pledge i could move up a dung-ton of levels and be happy with a beyond citizen pledge. Come on march hurry up!

Mordecai likes this.
  9. coder1024

coder1024 Avatar

The prosperity pack is great! Glad to see they're putting up more lots on the store. I don't see an issue with it, since the pledge lots are tax free.

10. Mystic

Mystic Avatar

That's not going to happen. Tax free deeds are the main perk to pledging.

Lord Gréagóir, Ned888 and Umbrae like this.
  11. NirAntae

NirAntae Avatar

Personally, I would like some information if we will have any option to upgrade our existing tax-free plots (ie, make our tax-free village plot into a tax-free town plot). I personally have no interest in buying a second, taxed plot, but I would be interested in upgrading my tax-free plot if it's within my price range.

Umbrae and Gabriel Nightshadow like this.
  12. Drocis the Devious

I don't see why this can't have a price put on it too.

13. Mystic

Mystic Avatar

I also think the price of the lots is right. They aren't going to move quickly and we still don't know what the tax amounts are going to be on them.

14. Mystic

Mystic Avatar

They do have a price on them: the price of the pledge level they are on. :)

Lord Gréagóir likes this.
  15. Drocis the Devious

That's not the price for the tax free deed though...the tax free deed is just a fraction of that cost. Otherwise, when you paid that amount you'd only be getting a tax free deed and not the menagerie of assorted gifts.

Mordecai likes this.
  16. Mystic

Mystic Avatar

That is how you get the tax free deed. The only way. It's one of the main reasons (if not THE main reason) that people have pledged up to that level.

Lord Gréagóir, Mordecai and Umbrae like this.
  17. smack

smack Avatar

Yeah, I would be very surprised to see tax-free deeds in the Store.

But about the Update itself -- no map reveal this week! :(

Time Lord likes this.
  18. Mystic

Mystic Avatar

I was wondering about that too. :(
    Ahh well, it's almost Christmas and they've been working hard since R1 so I'll give them a pass... this time. ;)

smack likes this.
  19. Lebowski

Lebowski Avatar

I'm wondering what is a better deal...Purchase a town size plot of land or buy the citizen level package? Any suggestions on this. Again, it would be nice to know how much land space will be available once the game goes live to give people an idea of value here. If they keep flooding the market like this, then I would feel kinda duped.

20. Sir Bradley White

Sir Bradley White Avatar

I can only give you my thoughts on it. You might place a different value on the things I do.

A tier gives you a pretty nice house, a rent free deed, and other digital or physical goodies. You value of those goodies might change how you feel about the tier.

But, say you don't like the house(s) that come with your tier, and/or you think the digital or physical goodies aren't really worth it, and/or you aren't concerned about the paying for the rent for the land instead of it being rent free. In that case a deed with whatever starter house comes with it would be move valuable to you then pledging up a tier.

Edit: So basically to anyone out their trying to think if they want to upgrade their pledge or just buy a lot, think about what you want. Look at what you get if you upgrade to a tier with a deed. Decide if you think it is worth the value to you for what is in it. Do you not like what you will get, or just don't care? Do you think just buying a deed with a starter house is worth more to you than a tier? Think about the pro's and con's to each one and then decide on what is a better value to you as a person that will buy the deed or upgrade your pledge.

Time Lord likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.