1. Threads will remain in the main wishlist section while being discussed. After being reviewed by the Devs for initial feasibility, and depending on thread activity, the thread may be moved into one of the two subsections
    How to post your idea:
    Create a thread with a clear title that describes what the idea is about. Only one idea per thread!
    Please specify either in the title of the thread (if there is space) or at the very top of your post, what type of idea it is, For example: Housing (Houses, Lots, etc)
    Example title: Housing: Epic Keep and Castle Size Homes other than Pirate Ships
    Be sure to include details about your idea. Devs, and or players may reply to your thread asking additional questions, so please be willing to provide more details.
    Please see the sticky thread marked **READ FIRST** for more details...

1st person fan suggestion

Discussion in 'Wishlist Requests' started by ngavarta, Feb 1, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ngavarta

ngavarta Avatar

I happened to be born as a Doom/ Duke Nukem 3D fan.

I prefer to play SoTA in 1st person recently, and everything feels a lot more emerging, thanks for the consistent update and care for details from the SoTA team.

Basically, there are 2 more things to complain about from me, which block the game from archiving not only more user-friendly gameplay but also a more authentic experience.

If you allow me to express this:
    One pain in the ass is, I think the overly complicated control over what I called the hover hints about object and interaction with it.

Suggestion#1
    I mean we can highlight the object player focus in a black outline etc (remember the Cell-Shading style being quite popular back then?), NPCs, door, garlic, etc, and a crosshair (optional)?
    Then since it's auto targeted, we know what we are pointing at, and now it can pop out the hints after some delay e.g. 1 sec.
    and interaction (open door, chat, pickup, attack), also can be simplified into one click only (instead of one-click hints and double click for interact). You see, especially double click attack isn't a very pleasant control.
    [​IMG]

Suggestion#2
    The mini-map could use some love really, why are the player indicator like a GPS indicator, all and all it looks unfinished and unpolished.

As some references, we can refer to some of them below, from left to right, UO minimap and WoW minimaps.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Cheers.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2022
    FBohler likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.