Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

2 Cents on Housing

Discussion in 'Release 2 Feedback' started by lShintal, Jan 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lShintal

lShintal Avatar

This may just be me, however, i'm slightly disappointed by how much space is wasted outisde the house. I feel like the house should take up a bit more of the plot. and perhaps later we can have the ability to move the house a bit within the plot. I understand there are different plot sizes for the homes, but the ratio of home/lawn is just crazyness, especially if you're looking at a home like the Edelmann house. You could probably fit 4 of these houses in a village plot. It seems so cramped when you go inside a house like this. In fact, I feel as if most houses are rather cramped.

I understand its still in the beginning stages of development (which honestly scares me a bit, seeing as its advertised to release in October...) but there are some things i've noticed with the houses that seems off. For example, in the Lord Founder (town) house, if to look on the bottom part of the wall to the left of the stares, the stone part that molds the bottom just stops. I feel like that should persist to the stairs. And as I was walking outside my house, when I opened the front door, my character got stuck in the door...

There are several houses where you can see thru the corner of the walls to the outside.

2. Kain3

Kain3 Avatar

I like the idea of being able to move the house around the plot. Since housing will look more or less the same, the positioning will offer a variation.

3. da.n.ynu.tk.os.@gmail.com

da.n.ynu.tk.os.@gmail.com Avatar

I agree with houses feeling a little cramped right now. I think a large part of that is that items and decorations are so big when placed. It doesnt seem like you will be able to really pack a house full of stuff like you could in UO. I am at the Edelmann level and right now it feels like 2 crafting stations takes up the majority of my house space.. which is disappointing considering how many crafting stations you need to make a lot of the items. I would be very happy if I could fit 2 crafting stations in that back alcove in the Edelmann house without them sticking out, and having at least a small space to walk between them. That would be about a 15% size reduction? which would feel about right for me.

4. Bohica

Bohica Avatar

These small houses are just the basic starter pledge houses. You should expect to be able to buy much larger village houses when the game is released. Also remember, you need a yard to plant your crops if you do decide to get into farming.

5. da.n.ynu.tk.os.@gmail.com

da.n.ynu.tk.os.@gmail.com Avatar

Its true they are the basic starter pledge houses, however in my opinion that shouldn't be an excuse for a couple of items taking up the majority of your house space. I'm not saying that an Edelmann should be able to fit all of the craft stations into his house, or have the storage space of a knight, however consider the sheer number of craft skills and stations that you will need to use for even a basic list of items, I don't think its unreasonable to expect that even a starter house should be able to fit a couple stations comfortably without sacrificing the majority of his floor space. And really, in my opinion it would only take a smallish reduction, 15% or so in size to make that feel right.

prospereau likes this.
  6. mmoredfalcon

mmoredfalcon Avatar

Should also keep in mind basements. I think keeping the small houses is fine. Sure they may be a bit crowded but the overall look of them fits. As other posters said, we will probably be able to buy slightly larger houses upon release. And with the addition of a basement to keep all your crafting supplies and workbenches, there will be plenty of room.

7. PrimeRib

PrimeRib Avatar

You're seeing the smallest village house on a town (or even city) lot. I think the houses are quite large for the plot size.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.