1. Threads will remain in the main wishlist section while being discussed. After being reviewed by the Devs for initial feasibility, and depending on thread activity, the thread may be moved into one of the two subsections
    How to post your idea:
    Create a thread with a clear title that describes what the idea is about. Only one idea per thread!
    Please specify either in the title of the thread (if there is space) or at the very top of your post, what type of idea it is, For example: Housing (Houses, Lots, etc)
    Example title: Housing: Epic Keep and Castle Size Homes other than Pirate Ships
    Be sure to include details about your idea. Devs, and or players may reply to your thread asking additional questions, so please be willing to provide more details.
    Please see the sticky thread marked **READ FIRST** for more details...

24 Additional Deck Slots Request

Discussion in 'Wishlist Requests' started by Akandriel, Oct 28, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Akandriel

Akandriel Avatar

I wish that the new "24 Additional Deck Slots" be free with the game and not a monthly subscriber feature. In principle, I have maxed out my combat decks 2 years ago and I've been waiting for more combat decks to encourage me to create more characters to continue to play without paying a fee to play; aka "Play to Win" is not a good model.

2. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

I don’t see additional deck slots in any way as pay to win at all. 24 slots is plenty. 24 more really is just for vanity reason and different outfits.

Just my opinion.

FrostII likes this.
  3. Akandriel

Akandriel Avatar

I have many builds from all schools of melee and magic that I already filled 24 slots two years ago. For me to thrive in the game (to win), I would need more slots to continue my character builds as ideas manifest all the time. If I made more legit characters to continue playing this game and I stopped my subscription, I'd lose these characters.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2021
  4. Coswald_Dirthmire

Coswald_Dirthmire Bug Hunter

My personal thought on this is that having so many combat decks constitutes a playstyle choice rather than a tactical advantage. I love playing in different styles, customizing decks and gear for different battles, having an alternate deck just because one glyph is different between decks and I'd rather not change it manually every time. I can feel your pain, as I hesitate to delete even outdated decks, and soon even 48 will have me pushing up against the limit. But eventually the list becomes too bloated and one is forced to trim some out. New ideas are hopefully better than old, at least occasionally, and so if a new deck is worth keeping then deleting an old deck is no real loss.

But I've also made builds that have focused on efficiency and power, that "win" in terms of damage output and loot. In my experience if what you are trying to maximize is your power, if you're truly looking to thrive when it comes to "winning", you're likely to use far fewer decks. Your XP will be concentrated in a single main build and possibly a side-build, and you won't have need for a bunch of decks. Now, that's not near as fun in my opinion. I like doing a bit of everything (usually through respecs rather than simultaneously) so I have a bloated deck list and can understand wanting more more more when it comes to number of decks. But in the end it's not giving me any real power. The most efficient and "winningest" builds tend to use fewer decks. Even in PVP having more than 24 becomes too much a logistical challenge for rapid changing to be worth the benefit.

Just my 2 cents on it. The real winning is having fun, so in that sense I guess you could call it pay to win. But in the sense that people actually use that term having a crazy high number of decks doesn't give much power compared to all the other ways to optimize a build, so it's not really pay to win.

FrostII likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.