Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

4th Quest - Central Brit - Spoilers

Discussion in 'Release 52 Feedback Forum' started by Vladamir Begemot, Apr 9, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Arabella might not know anything about the pages, but she should at least respond to me asking her about it on behalf of the Oracle.

"Oh, so she's got you looking for some pages. Sorry, I have no idea, but I heard about your exploits, great job so far!"

Better yet is if she gave us a hint.

----

You should see Viola, a new player in gaming terms, running around talking to everyone. She doesn't realize that no one knows anything if Arabella doesn't, so keeps hoping. I hate to break it to her that there is no point in talking to the NPC's, but I'm going to have to.

-----

Ok, I happened to play the song for Viola, I never would have otherwise, until I was checking it out on the world map sometime, and I would have had to eventually look it up after a few more hours of randomly looking places.

But if someone, maybe Arabella, gave even a little clue, at least then I wouldn't have felt irritated in that situation. I would have just felt like I didn't solve it.

Also, this needs a sound effect, because if the player is looking away from the wall when playing the music (came behind the desk as I did) then this will be really easy to miss (I played on a street organ). There are stairs and secret doors in that direction, calling attention away.

----

Anyway, there need to be clues. There need to be clues. There need to be clues. There need to be rumors. It's a cool puzzle if there are clues.

Rentier, discipleofweb and Spoon like this.
  2. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Viola tells me Spoony does give a clue about the music. Great!

I still think there should be one or two more, I totally missed that one even though I talked with Spoony about all his words of wisdom.

I even think that asking a people in town would direct toward the castle. "I haven't heard of any magic pages, go check in the magic shop." Magic shop: "Ah, that sounds like a powerful artifact that Lord British retrieved on an adventure. Doubtless he keeps it near him."

Yes, it seems the obvious place, but right now if you miss it on the first run through, then you're searching the entire map instead of going "I know it's in the castle I just need to look harder."

Rentier likes this.
  3. Arya Stoneheart

Arya Stoneheart Avatar

If you have a quest in the journal, always look at the compass for the blue sparkles on compass markers.

There are also blue VFX sparkles in the world for where to look for quest items.

4. Arya Stoneheart

Arya Stoneheart Avatar

Yeah rumors would be nice.

It would be good to go to a town that is next to a ruins and have NPCs that would give out clues for where to explore to find the underground routes.

Right now though you have to use geography clues and go exploring for compass hints.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.