1. We have a QA initiative where we work with the community more closely than ever to get your bug reports into the hands of the developers. Please use this forum for LIVE Server bug reporting. Do follow the format below, because it will help us out greatly in responding. If you do not, it's possible your bug report will be misinterpreted, or worse, lost!

Read BEFORE submitting your first bug: Reporting Bugsā€¦ QA 101 Document
    • Search for your bug before posting in order to avoid duplicate reports.
    • Only reply to an existing thread if you have additional information for the reported bug. ALL extraneous commentary will be deleted to avoid cluttering the reports.
    • Keep your bug report short and factual.
    • There is no need to submit crash logs. Crash data we require is automatically logged.
    Bug Report Template
    1. Title:
    2. Reproduction Rate:
    3. Blocker?
    4. Details:
    5. Steps to Reproduce:
    6. User Specs:
    To get started, use /bug in-game (/devbug if on QA) to auto-create this template. It will even auto-fill some of the required information and open the browser for you. Then take the information that was just saved to your system's clipboard and paste it into a new QA forum post. Thank you bug hunters!
Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

A day in the life of a farmer

Discussion in 'Release 63 Feedback' started by Mishikal, Mar 6, 2019.

1. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

@Chris This post covers some of the very frustrating issues with agriculture that fertilizer is simply never going to solve, because it deals with bugs and vendor issues.

Yesterday I planted 2,000 cotton seeds.

Step #1) Find a vendor that sells cotton seeds (Done, thanks to sotawiki).

Step #2) Buy 8,000 buckets of water. This is a tedious and time consuming task, because the most water I can find on a vendor is just over 400. So it takes 20 individual purchases to get enough water. I dread the day I get to plant out my full set of beds, because I will need just over 13,000 water to do that. That's 33 purchases from a vendor, which are slow and tedious.

---> Suggestion: Increase the number of buckets of water available to purchase from POT NPC vendors to 10,000 at a time.

Step #3) Go plant the seeds. Task completed with *apparently* no problem, however....

Step #4) Go water the 2,000 plants the second time. Now this is where it gets interesting. At the end of the second watering run, find I have *2* buckets of water left in my inventory. Go back around and confirm I have watered *every single spot*. I did find that there are 2 different large planting beds with an empty spot in them. Hm.....

-------> Bug #1) Why did the game "eat" 2 of my plants?

Step #5) Wait 8 hours (since I'm using a greenhouse for planting). After planting the first property, put all the remaining buckets of water in the bank while I change scenes, since I'm left significantly encumbered. Arrive at second property. Mysteriously, a bucket of water has appeared in my inventory. Get the rest of the water I need out, and continue watering.

------> Bug #2) Sometimes the game loses count of how much water you've used. A reload of some sort is necessary (scene change, log in/out) to restore the correct count. Again, confirmed all plants on property #1 had been watered. Also, when I completed watering all 3 lots, I had exactly 3 buckets of water left again out of 2000, so I know I got them all. I've hit this particular issue several times before, so it's not a new issue with R63. It goes back to at least R60.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2019
    Synergy Blaize likes this.
  2. Synergy Blaize

Synergy Blaize Avatar

Agreed 100%

Mishikal likes this.