a few build and equipment questions

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by dayero, Dec 4, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dayero

dayero Avatar

hi,

i just started a single player char and got a few things i need advice on:

1. are any of the heal over time spells worth using? (soothing rain, cocoon etc.)
    2. what are the best engraved tools to use and is any of the prosperty sets worth buying? (also got two artisan tool rewards i could use)
    3. what else would you spent your crowns on?
    4. elixir extension or receptive?
    5. any pet worth considering in the early game other than water elemental?

thanks in advance :)

2. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

1. are any of the heal over time spells worth using? (soothing rain, cocoon etc.)
    Yes, pretty much all of them are worth using if you invest in their respective schools enough. If you don't know about attunement, search the player created ressourve section of the forum we should have a few guides on them! I used to sustain myself with pretty much only Soothing Rain and the Water Elemental in a T10+ scene, so they can be great!

2. what are the best engraved tools to use and is any of the prosperty sets worth buying? (also got two artisan tool rewards i could use)
    I think the True Bronze engraving kits are the best options! As for the artisan tools I prefer using them on refining tools like the smelting tool, you will refine lots of materials.

3. what else would you spent your crowns on?
    Uhhh... wrong person to answer, I spent too many crowns on Respec Scrolls.

4. elixir extension or receptive?
    Now, Receptive. Most potions last 1h, which is more than enough time to greatly cover the costs. Also, unless it has been fixed, most buffs and consumables can last longer with Extension, but if you scene change once their original timer wears out (ex.: after 1h05mins when they usually last 1h, even though your extension makes them last 2hs, they will wear off even if 55mins are left).

5. any pet worth considering in the early game other than water elemental?
    The Earth Elemental is one I know works decent. I tried the demo and the ice wlemental with spec and they barely go over 10dps for me.

3. zaweraks

zaweraks Avatar

1. I strongly advise you to invest yourself in the School of Healing. After all, the higher your harmony with this school, the more receptive you are to treatment. It sounds great I think.
    5. I support the words above about the Earth elemental. He's helpful. Not as one who does damage, but one who helps keep enemies at a distance. It's also worth considering the Water elemental. He will increase your survival rate with his healing skills.

4. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Unless you're using Shield of Air, healing skills are very important. Especially those in the Life tree.

The prosperity tools are absolutely worth it. If you're ever going to spend some money on this game then I recommend that be at the top of your list.

Property deed upgrades are a good one. Take the row or village lot you get during the main quest and upgrade it to tax free. Crown store armor and weapons are also good for this event. ;)

It depends on what your priorities are. If you wand your potions and food to last longer then extension. If you're good with the durations and wand only potions to provide a bit more juice then receptive.

Earth elemental might be decent. I hear that the daemon is good. Water elemental is great especially if you have water specialization. Just don't bother with the air elemental because it's at the very bottom of the list.

5. dayero

dayero Avatar

thanks.

let me rephrase question 1: are any of the heal over time spells notably more effective than the others AND the tier 1 and 2 life spells?

unfornatunately the earth elemental sounds drive me crazy, so i am definitely not using that one. still very clueless where to spent my crowns.

6. dayero

dayero Avatar

eh, single player...
    you can buy crowns there for 20 gold.

Barugon likes this.
  7. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I think the best heal-over-time spell is probably Healing Grace but they all stack and can be used at the same time.

8. zaweraks

zaweraks Avatar

As a tank, I often use a periodic healing spell from earth magic and it looks attractive to me. Give it a try, you might like it, especially if you are considering using a berserker stance in the future.

9. dayero

dayero Avatar

mini-necro for a few extra questions that came up during playing:

6. are the t5 ressources (black cutworm, hemlockborer, thrombus etc.) now used for anything or can i just sell them all?
    7. are leather scraps good for anything? the recipe for leather isnt producing leather more efficiently it seems
    8. do the expert crafting stations have a notable effect on masterworking? is it worth buying them?
    9. are there similar sets to the order of truth armor for courage and love? if yes, where does the quest for it start?

10. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

thrombuses have a use now in recipes and elgarion's been looking at making uses for the others

nope, just a waste of salt. unless you're trying to level tanning and WANT more skill uses out of the same materials

a knight just outside the main hall in resolute and a bard in the northern ardoris tavern

dayero likes this.
  11. dayero

dayero Avatar

ah ok, i am probably not going to wait for that. thanks for the quick reply.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.