Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

A Few Good Things

Discussion in 'Release 12 Feedback' started by Traveller13, Dec 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Traveller13

Traveller13 Bug Hunter

As R12 is near an end, I thought I'd post some things I thought were cool/good about it...

1. No crashes. I use the 64-bit client since it has always been more stable for me than the 32-bit client. Even then, I had numerous crashes on scene loads-- at Owl's Head especially. I had no such crashes this release. I reported in the Bugs forum the only times R12 crashed on me.

2. Jumping spiders. I don't know if it was client/server lag resolution, or what, but I had two wolf spiders jump on me during this release. The first was a large wolf spider near the ruins in corner of West Ravenswood. I ran up on to the rocks just to west of the ruins, and the spider jumped from the ground onto the rocks. It was at night and I had it selected in combat. Suddenly there's a dark, red limned spider shape flying through the air towards me. The other one was a smaller wolf spider near the rocks at another location in the scene.

3. CyberTraveller could hold its own. There were a few times when I was killed by the spider spit bug in the Myserious Swamp. I left the computer during the death time, and ended up away from it longer than I had intended. When I came back the first time, my character was deep into combat with a lich fighter. The lich was down to 1/3 HP when it killed CyberMe. A quick add showed that my character was not at full health when it attacked-- othwerise it would have been a close one. The other two times, CyberMe dispatched a couple of red spiders while I was away.

4. Unexpected help. I was surprised when the Veimor AI attacked a wolf I was battling. That was the first time I'd seen an NPC AI do something like that. He stole the kill. I also had a couple of skeletons attack large red spiders I was fighting while in the Mysterious Swamp. The skeletons stole my kills on a couple of occasion. I didn't go after Veimor AI for its infraction, but I did go after the real skinny guys when they did it.

ccbst10 likes this.
  2. Traveller13

Traveller13 Bug Hunter

I forgot about clearing out the Mysterious Swamp. How could I have forgotten that?

I noticed something amiss while in the Swamp grinding away in order to advance from level 57 to 58. Namely, the large red spiders were taking an awfully long time to respawn. So I went elsewhere in the Swamp, killed some things, and noticed they weren't respawning, either. Whether a bug, or by design, the critters in the Swamp stopped respawning. I methodically made my way through each area of the Swamp, killing all. I had to use some care in the undead area, but eventually got all of them as well. In the end, only two red spiders towards what I think of as front and center of the Swamp still kept respawning. All other critters were gone. Fortunately, the last set of undead put me over to level 58, so my goal was met. A fellow adventurer came in towards the end and basically had the run of the place as far as getting resources. For me, it was extremely late and I had to call it a night.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.