1. Threads will remain in the main wishlist section while being discussed. After being reviewed by the Devs for initial feasibility, and depending on thread activity, the thread may be moved into one of the two subsections
    How to post your idea:
    Create a thread with a clear title that describes what the idea is about. Only one idea per thread!
    Please specify either in the title of the thread (if there is space) or at the very top of your post, what type of idea it is, For example: Housing (Houses, Lots, etc)
    Example title: Housing: Epic Keep and Castle Size Homes other than Pirate Ships
    Be sure to include details about your idea. Devs, and or players may reply to your thread asking additional questions, so please be willing to provide more details.
    Please see the sticky thread marked **READ FIRST** for more details...

A few ideas that I couldn't see as rejected...

Discussion in 'Wishlist Requests' started by Deus Blackheart, Jan 28, 2023.

1. Deus Blackheart

Deus Blackheart Avatar

First of, hello. I don't really post here functionally ever but it's because I'm still very new to this side of the community. I've discussed on stream a few ideas I've had for a while. Most of which would require (in my limited understanding) minimal work but is stuff I'd like to see in the game.

1) Let us upgrade the Shroud of the Avatar.

I know as a non-crafted item it makes it a function of the game that we cannot upgrade the Shroud and I've had a few people in my stream chat suggest being able to grind it down for a pattern, but I like wearing it and have resisted wearing anything else because I like the aesthetic of it. It's a great early game item, but as soon as your crafting (or some one you know's) is good enough, you'll be able to make better which feels kinda sad. You could even tie certain upgrades to player level or something like that or have upgrades based on the player's Specializations. That second one would probably be a lot more work but I think you get the gist.

2) Goblets are awesome

However much like the Shroud, we can wield it (in our off-hand) but you can't aug them or in any way make them functionally useful. I understand that they are treated as deco or scrap resources but I'd like to see them be more useful, I mean if you can put them in your hand why not make them a thing you can do something with? You could in theory treat it like the off-hand magic gems.
    Side note: in a world of infinite money and time, I would love to see a Goblet as a artefact with some kind of silly mechanic where it fills up with the blood of your living enemies. My personal pitch for this is that you clearly have flags for living and non-living enemies so every time you kill a living enemy it fills up a bit and it could empower healing or life drain effects or something.

3) Envy Longbow is cool

As I write this I am actually grinding the Necropolis Barrens and I've realised that the Longbow is functionally worthless. The stats are....well they are as you intended, but you can't break it down for the pattern and otherwise it's only role is to look good on the walls of my house which I can do with any weapon. If there was a way to make it a droppable pattern, it would make it much more satisfying to get them and it is a really nice model you guys have there.

4) More Combos please.

I'm sure these are a headache to code, so I do want to apologise for asking. However I love the combo system and I'd love to see more. As an avowed Death spec swordsman, I often find that I don't have anything I'm able to combine. Considering that there is a basic element plus strike effect, I'd love to see something that combines death and a strike with any weapon. Obviously my bias would be some flavour of bladed attack, but something like say Death Touch and Whirling Strike to act like a mini Death Field, or something involving Thrust, as despite my best intentions I often don't find a reason to run it in my own decks. Again, this is me spitballing and having worked as a tester for a community run game (London 2038) I know how finicky coding can be especially as I have no coding skills to speak of.

EDIT: How about Corpse Explosion and Coup de Grace? If the target is killed make them explode for the damage dealt around or something.

5) More "chain" weaponry

Okay this one is not something I think basically anyone else is going to ask for but, I love the Chainsword. I've love to see Chainaxes, Chain Greatswords, Chain Scythes, or anything equally as silly. I know it's not an in-demand thing, but it would be super cool. Preferably as a drop rather than just a skin, but I leave that up to you guys if it's even a thing you want to do.

Thank you for taking the time to read the ramblings whether you're a dev or just another player like me.

that_shawn_guy and Violet Ronso like this.
  2. Deus Blackheart

Deus Blackheart Avatar

Yeah, but you can't enchant it, so it's slightly less than very low strength bonus to damage doesn't really make up for it given even in your example you can throw on a strength buff. Also the +Aggro boost and -range make it less great by default comparing it to even unaugmented ranged weapons.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2023
  3. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

please keep wishlist items to one topic per post.

4. Deus Blackheart

Deus Blackheart Avatar

Apologies. I didn't see that as a thing.

5. Deus Blackheart

Deus Blackheart Avatar

Ah damn, I thought for sure Coswald told me it wasn't very useful. I'll go back to blaming him for the uncountable clockwork wings I've gotten.

Anpu and Barugon like this.
  6. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

I believe it still can't be combined like other artifacts. That was the deal breaker for me; that and the crap range. I don't think it can be socketed either, though I don't recall for sure.

Man, it was the best bow in the game when it first came in. *wistful sigh*

That was a fun weekend.

7. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Oh, probably not. Derp.

8. Seggallion

Seggallion Avatar

Please put each idea in its own thread. The devs want to be able to judge the interest in each idea, separately. It will be hard for them to judge if there is interest only in idea 2 for example, or ideas 2, 4, and 5, or all ideas.