A few questions regarding game.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Lithius, Sep 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lithius

Lithius Avatar

Hi SOTA community,

So i got back into SOTA again after many months of being away and I have to say that I am pleasantly surprised at how well it is coming along for a pre-alpha ! I am particularly impressed by the server stability, just WOW! I have been involved in many alpha/beta games and I really have to say that SOTA is one of the most stable pre-release games I have played. Keep up the good work Portalarium.

I tried searching for answers to my questions but didn't have much luck.

So here are a few questions -

Do we have confirmation that we will be able to look at others players full-body portraits (i.e. Ultima Online style) sometime in the future? I really wish I had a way of looking up close at what people are wearing etc.

Is there any confirmation that devs will include some type of in-house macro configuration option for SOTA? I really would love to be able to macro emotes or general comments like "Hail" or "Good day to you!" or "Alms for the poor".

Have the devs gone into any detail about how housing decay will work in the future? Will it be like IDOC's in Ultima Online where the house disappears (if not updated for a certain time) and the stuff is left behind and free to be looted? Or will it be that the land just becomes vacant and that's it? IDOC's were cool in UO because it was always a big point of celebration and excitement. Castle IDOC's would attract many many people. They were like festivals in itself!

Have any of the devs detailed what they ultimately hope to do with the death mechanics? If so, can someone please point me towards a link.

Thanks for any help :)

Peace,

LV

Atogrim likes this.
  2. NRaas

NRaas Avatar

This. All items on the former lot will revert back to the player's bank inventory.

The lot itself will return to its original pre-purchased state.

What we know of death mechanics is located here : https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?threads/pvp-death-current-thinking-megapost.8247/

----

Sorry, don't have any answers to the other questions. Perhaps another user can aid you. :)

Lithius likes this.
  3. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

Its in the player instructions, I think.
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?threads/release-20-instructions.34250/
    "Emote + Text Combos: We have added a long requested feature, especially from people wanting to act out plays in-game, where avatars can use the new /em command to construct their own emote/text combinations, and also embed animations into those emotes (or regular chat) via percent escape codes such as %point% or %dance%."
    So you could build your own /em which has text+emote+text+emote in a series...

some but its not final
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/?page_id=19#faq_55

leilakin likes this.
  4. Soulicide

Soulicide Avatar

Seems like OP was asking specifically if there was a way to make a macro out of like " /em greets everyone warmly. " so that they can just use a key or a mouse button to activate it. I am curious about this myself because I have several custom greetings and things that I use frequently. I have no idea what the macro situation currently is.

5. Lithius

Lithius Avatar

Thanks soulicide. Yeah, that is exactly what I was asking. I really don't want to be forced to use third party Macro software to do this.

Soulicide likes this.
  6. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

Oh, my bad.
    Hmm, but for that I think it was mentioned in one of the hangouts but more like a "on the wishlist" kinda thing with no commitment.
    This was when they were asked if we could have an internal SotA tool like the speakeasy tool used by Amber and Winfield.
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?threads/sota-speakeasy-sse-program.26142/

My recommendation for that then would be to use the hangout as an opportunity to ask that question again.
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/?p=53162

leilakin and Soulicide like this.
  7. Soulicide

Soulicide Avatar

Cool! Thanks for that link, Spoon. That will greatly help RP events in the future. I know having in-game macro capability would wind up being seriously abused unless there was a line limit or something.

8. Lithius

Lithius Avatar

Thanks Spoon :)

9. Arradin

Arradin Avatar

Very much Welcome!

There will NOT be idocs as in UO , in terms of getting items.

You can see when houses will decay - Yes. but once it decays, the house deed with all items attatched to it goes into the owners bankbox, and the house lot becomes free to use.

( Based on CURRENT Design )

10. Edward Newgate

Edward Newgate Avatar

First Wellcome back and i guess most of the guyes helped you allready

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.