A few questions regarding PvP.

Discussion in 'Skills and Combat' started by Obsoleet, May 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Obsoleet

Obsoleet Avatar

I was contemplating buying SOTA but I would like to know if you will be able to roam the world and kill whoever you please and getting FULL LOOT unless of course in a guarded area such as a town, this is what really made ultima online amazing and I think it would make SOTA good too I understand that some people are towns and just like to present and banksit if we're talking uo atleast but maybe a server where PvP is everywhere except towns etc and be able to loot corpses and maybe even temporary skill loss when you are murdered just a thought this made uo amazing for me since I loved having the challenge sorry for the horrible grammar but I'm on my phone and cba atm anyways thoughts?

2. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Nope not a free for all, and no full loot.

If that is really what you are looking for then SotA is most diffinatly not the game for you, and these concepts are not even going to get like a separate server for this mentality, sorry

3. Korim Rackham

Korim Rackham Avatar

Obsoleet, I have similar sentiments and wish what you mentioned above was true, but they have been pretty adamant from the beginning there would be no FFA PVP unfortunately. To be honest, if PvP is your main thing like it is mine i dont think SOTA is going to be too impressive in that realm. Right now PvP is pretty weak and pointless, but it may get better so id suggest you keep following it!

Abydos likes this.
  4. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

While PvP in SotA allows limited looting and can be profitable for a skilled and intelligent player, its not available everywhere and, at the moment, only draws in targets through the promise of convenience (not unique) resources and travel to certain locations. At the moment, PvP areas are often empty compared to other areas, as regional balancing has not taken place yet. Once regional balance takes place, and the final character wipe comes and goes, PvP areas will likely see more action and become more profitable as a result.

Killing indiscriminately and relentlessly will cost you gold while likely noit earning you much. Choosing targets for thier loot will prove to make PvP more lucrative for the selective killer, and one can make a living off of murderering the innocent.

Also, you may pickpocket people in a PvP zone, or if a person is flagged PvP. You may have to be flagged PvP yourself as well, im not sure.

Fister Magee likes this.
  5. Skyo

Skyo Avatar

It should be.

6. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

SotA will have a moral system which makes "being able to kill whoever you please" a punishment.

7. Vallo Frostbane

Vallo Frostbane Avatar

In Sota PVP right now is solely griefing... There is nothing to really fight for and about.

8. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

Hi there,

Right now the PvP isn't happening as much so is not in a good baseline to base a purchasing decision on it - so right now we cannot recommend it for PvP - which is why you are seeing the responses in the topic.

Now to answer your question - No, there is no Open PvP Full Loot in SotA.
    Instead you flag for PvP and the Loot is rather a Ransom system.

But...

Affinity Instancing

When a scene reaches max players - they are sorted into different instances/copies of the scene. But the sorting is based on how much you have interacted with someone.
    That means that the more you PvP, the more you will be sorted with other players that PvP. Where things like kills will sort you much heavier together, so someone you have killed or have killed you will sort with you into scenes.

This means that when/if this game gets a healthy population and if you are doing a lot of PvP and is flagged for PvP - then all scenes will feel like Open PvP.

However if what you liked was finding some easy kill to loot, then this will not be the game for that since all of those players will not flag for PvP and will thus hang with other PvE players and thus be more and more sorted with other PvE players.

Trophies

One PvP thing which I really like in Shroud is that when you kill another player then you get a trophy (body part) of that player - which you can decorate your home with.
    You can even use such trophies as part of recipes to craft decorations.

So just the feeling of decorating with the skulls of my enemies and creating a skull candle from their remains.
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.