1. Threads will remain in the main wishlist section while being discussed. After being reviewed by the Devs for initial feasibility, and depending on thread activity, the thread may be moved into one of the two subsections
    How to post your idea:
    Create a thread with a clear title that describes what the idea is about. Only one idea per thread!
    Please specify either in the title of the thread (if there is space) or at the very top of your post, what type of idea it is, For example: Housing (Houses, Lots, etc)
    Example title: Housing: Epic Keep and Castle Size Homes other than Pirate Ships
    Be sure to include details about your idea. Devs, and or players may reply to your thread asking additional questions, so please be willing to provide more details.
    Please see the sticky thread marked **READ FIRST** for more details...

A group activity to gain crafting XP

Discussion in 'Wishlist Requests' started by Ysold, Feb 11, 2023.

Tags:
  1. Ysold

Ysold Avatar

Wouldn't it be great to be able to join a group that cooperates to gain crafting xp?

I've been brainstorming a bit, and my favorite idea is as follows:
    Special resources (ore node, tree, plant or corpse) spawn in zones when a crafting group enters. To harvest those, multiple group members need to combine forces to harvest it. For example, a special tree can only be chopped down at forestry level 500, and the combined skill of the group members who chop at it should equal or exceed that. XP is released either during the harvesting or as result, but it should be shared by all party members. Non-harvesting party members could be employed guarding the harvesters. The total skill level required to harvest the special resource should depend on the level of the zone.

Another idea:
    Members of a crafting party are assigned different roles, so that everyone basically can harvest one type of resource. Then the party can set out to normal zones and gather away. All xp, also from meticulous collection, is shared with the party members. Guards can be employed also.

2. ConjurerDragon

ConjurerDragon Avatar

Why not something simple as harvesting?
    With the threat of a cold spill, snowfall or heavy downpour arriving soon, decimating the crops, the harvest needs to be brought in within X*[size of wheat field] hours which is too short for a single farmer to do and need a group working together, harvesting the wheat and loading it on a waggon (one that can be drawn by manpower to the next farmhouse where the wheat can be threshed, collected and put in sacks to be brought to the next mill - many towns in Novia do not have a mill and would need to travel to the next town - to produce flour...

Ysold likes this.
  3. FBohler

FBohler Avatar

I've suggested something similar a long time ago. My suggestion included the usage of the groups level in the survey skills to determine the odds of a "special" node to spawn.
    I hope you get better luck than me to catch devs attention!

Anpu, Pifester and Ysold like this.
  4. Baratan

Baratan Avatar

It worked great in Vanguard. I'd love this idea.