A List Field, Tournaments & Player Events

Discussion in 'Archived Topics' started by Bowen Bloodgood, Mar 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

I was just going over some old guild stuff from UO and I remembered we had guild tournaments which was pretty fun RP.

So the idea comes to mind that it would be very cool to have at least one instance or perhaps a place in some towns where tournaments could be held.

Which brings forth another idea. Temporary merchant stalls where players can sell wares at player events. Even just NPC merchants would be fine. I'm basically getting a vision or something akin to a ren faire.

A guild or perhaps a wealthy player might want to host a public event which would cost X amount of gold which would open a PoI for a period of time.

This PoI would have a list field in it where players could engage in PvP in a controlled environment. Prizes and rules to be set by whomever is hosting said event.

Of course, players could be free to have whatever kind of event they wanted. Up to them. This would just be a special instance available for a price or a special lot in town for short term rent.

2. Knight Grant MacGregor

Knight Grant MacGregor Avatar

I have to agree. The concept of tournaments was actually the first thing that came to mind when I was remembering our UO days. I see the following items as pre-reqs for this to work properly:

1) Ability for consensual PvP, akin to the duels popular in current MMOs, but allowing for team-duel (2v2 or more), one-on-many duels, and customizable dueling rules imposed by the event organizer or a designated host.

2) Central arena locations that lend themselves to events and that can be used openly for RP'ing, without imposed structure (so that the guild can come up with their own tourney rules).

3) This should be open to the public, so that an audience could attend if they wanted, and perhaps even host tournaments between guilds.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.