Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

A more interactive deck proposal

Discussion in 'Release 8 Feedback' started by Owain, Jul 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Owain

Owain Avatar

You have a number of cards to select from. You may have good cards in your hand, and you may have bad cards. If you have bad cards, pass and wait for a good card.

2. G Din

G Din Avatar

What on earth are you talking about? If i'm in a fight and someone throws a right hook, my left arm is there to block it, i'm not waiting for my left arm to become available randomly. Oh look !! my left leg is available to be selected, hope i can get it up high enough to block that right hook.

Its not about forgetting to block it, its if there is an ability ready for me to counter it.

3. Espada

Espada Avatar

I think it is more challenging than knowing your cards ahead in so many different ways..

I mean.. Glyphs.. Not card, glyphs for crying out loud...

Countering becomes a matter of luck and timing and it is also based on the available hotkeys you have (your focus line controls this, which also impacts your skill tree points and number of potential active skills in your available pool of 20), which consequentially impacts your resource power (mana, endurance or focus in this case).
    It gets pretty deep Gunga... I did spend a lot of time this weekend learning it... It has great potential... And above all, was really fun to use.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

4. Floors

Floors Avatar

Okay, so lock your left arm and your right arm skills, and your "super uppercut" or "spinning back fast attack" are random cause you can't always use them at the right time. It's not that bad of a system, honestly.

Time Lord and Espada like this.
  5. Espada

Espada Avatar

Lol... So true.. This system is more realistic if you look at it that way..

Time Lord likes this.
  6. G Din

G Din Avatar

I give up. Other game forums are laughing at the proposed combat system, my friends I talked into backing the game are laughing at me...its a disaster !!

Its gonna take them another year to get this house of cards in a working and balanced state. Don't any of you see that?

Sir_Hemlock likes this.
  7. Floors

Floors Avatar

Then you need to get some cooler friends man.. As for other game forums none of those people actually played the game. haters gonna hate.

I ain't saying it was perfect, but it was fun.

Time Lord, Kaisa and Espada like this.
  8. G Din

G Din Avatar

[​IMG]

9. Espada

Espada Avatar

Why do you care what other forums talk about? The perception of today may be the opposite of tomorrow.. Maybe those guys will be the greatest supporters next year.. Have they even played the game? Spent time using this glyph system? Just make sure you are having a good time and enjoy with those who match your taste.. You don't have to make your friends or other forums like what you like.. Of course, it has some "public" impact on who takes a look at this game because of its potential to influence "easy to influence" people, which may impact sales, etc.. But even that audience is a small pool of the total potential market..

Either way, if you like the system, great! If you don't, provide constructive feedback (not saying that you are not). We are here with a common goal, regardless of the money invested in this game... It is to make the best possible product with the resources at hand. Stop caring about the negative things others say if it is detrimental to your perception... If it is not, listen and I hope you are happy with them..

This is the internet after all... Just like caring about trolls.. You know..

10. Owain

Owain Avatar

If that were true, every boxing match would be a draw because no one would land a punch.

So, that can't be true, because punches do land that aren't blocked.

11. Espada

Espada Avatar

Amen...

Time Lord likes this.
  12. Owain

Owain Avatar

I can't be bothered with people who have never tried the system, and thus have no frackin' clue what they are talking about. I'm more interested in suggesting improvements to the game, which is our purpose here, is it not?

Kaisa, Lord Trady of Blix and Espada like this.
  13. G Din

G Din Avatar

OMG please stop. Do u not get it? I have the ability to block it, my arm guard can be raised. Punches get through if you don't time your block or evade correctly. Of course punches get through. Like any sensible MMO, when you PvP, you have to use your counters at the right time. At least the counters are there ready and it comes down to my skill to determine when to use them, not a random chance of luck.

14. Floors

Floors Avatar

I think the bigger question is... do YOU get it ?

Going back to UO's combat system ? Are you serious ? Where's the triple face palm gif :)

Time Lord and Kaisa like this.
  15. Owain

Owain Avatar

But what if you happen to be off balance at that particular moment, and can't put up a block in time? Instead of a block, you have a slug, or so you can think of it in that way in this simulation.

G Din likes this.
  16. Espada

Espada Avatar

A person who has not been in a real fight might have a hard time understanding this... Sometimes, all the action they have had is in the movies and video games.. Maybe Gunga has never fought in real life (no offense man.. Truly just trying to make sense of your replies).. Nothing wrong with that.. If you have, Gunga, then I find it difficult to understand why you are not understanding what Owain and Trady are trying to say in their posts..

I think we are getting derailed here.. Back to the Glyph talk?

Time Lord likes this.
  17. G Din

G Din Avatar

I have no idea Owain. If they are gonna stick with the card game combat, they will have to make it work as u suggested. There is gonna have to be some locked counters or defenses mixed in with random attacks etc. No idea.

18. Owain

Owain Avatar

Well, that is why we are here. This is the very first cut of what is a very different kind of interface. If anyone was expecting the final version, your expectations were unrealistic.

Kaisa likes this.
  19. G Din

G Din Avatar

Problem is, how long will it take to get this system perfected and balanced? Do they even have the time, would it delay the game by another yr?

20. Owain

Owain Avatar

We are in the pre alpha stage of development. These are very early days in the maturity of the system.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.