A new skill that REALLY gives us a good tank role...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nikko, Apr 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nikko

Nikko Avatar

Given the Sh__storm that we just experienced about players that like to use heavy armor, and not have to run around all day looking for cover, etc., I think we need to seriously consider the addition of a new skill for the heavy armor tree that gives us the ability to have a true tank character.

Hear me out. A tank should be able to stand and take MASSIVE blows from really difficult foes (and bosses) for a LONG time, and should not be able to deal much damage at all.

This skill would create so many great possibilities. This is what I propose:

A skill that gives a massive amount of physical resist (NOT resistance to magic), such that even the biggest bosses would only be able to deal out normal hits around 15 to 20 HP maximum, and critical hits that can't exceed somewhere near 100 HP.

However, a player with this skill active would lose 75% of their effectiveness in doing damage with ANY attack, AND they would suffer a slight durability hit (to armor only). Something like 15% added damage happening to all armor as long as the skill is activated. Perhaps even a very slight movement debuff of 10 to 15%.

This skill would have a cool-down at level 80 that is less than the time it lasts, so that a person who is "proficient" can keep it going indefinitely.

Focus cost, if ANY should be very minor. The point of it is that it should be able to stay active if you get really good at it.

Right now, this game completely lacks a tanky role. All players can do massive damage, but have trouble taking on bosses unless they are level 120+. With this skill, you could make it so that bosses take nearly 15 minutes to kill if you do want to be able to survive it alone.

I have not fought the dragon at Southern Grunvald Barrens in a long time. I don't know how bad the critical hits from the dragon are right now, but I hear that they get up to 700 at times, and happen far too frequently as well. That is not playable for anyone but the top 0.1% of players. You should almost never have a player that has 700 hit points be one-shot-killed by a boss, unless they are taking absolutely NO defensive measures at all, and are wearing light armor. You want to have the ability to have players fight the dragon without 3 healers constantly watching the one (wearing full plate and using many GM'd defensive buffs at once) tanking it.

Let's get a true tank ability in this game. It is a very well established thing in this genre, and with Shroud's "classless" system, it seems hard to have a tank character that isn't also dealing HUGE damage. That makes no sense at all to have the tank doing massive damage and hitting for 300+ damage at times. I get that. This skill would make it a very real possibility for players that WANT to be a true tank to BE a true tank.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.