A question on Skill Decay - Adv level dictating skill loss, yet it doesnt lower?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Fazza, Apr 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fazza

Fazza Avatar

Hey all,

Here's a question Ive had for a while but not managed to figure it out.

As far as I was aware, EXP decay is based on total Adv Exp gained since playing, which is then in turn associated with your adventrer level.

As far as I can see, adventurer level never drops, is this the case?
    So if you made it to level 100+ and had horrific amounts of XP loss on a 24h death. Then you kept loosing EXP to death, say every day for a year without ever gaining more EXP. Will your adventurer level always remain at the highest level you've ever been or does it drop back down to take into account the EXP losses?

My SotaHUD output is as follows:
    ESTIMATES(NOT ALWAYS RIGHT):
    Adv Exp: 53,102,516
    Adv Exp to level: 5,311,251
    Decay per hour: 5,531
    Decay per death(12h): 66,378
    Decay per death(24h): 66,378

So - is Adv Exp / Adventure level calulated on total EXP in skills + pool. Or is it the total you have ever accumilated while playing the game (even though some will have been lost to death).

If it is the latter, will there become a point where older players who have lost huge amounts of EXP over time due to decay are at a massive disadvantage to newer players. Where not only do they have higher decay due to their level but also due to the amount of EXP lost over time still being taken into account upon each death.

Hope this makes some sort of sense. It did in my head anyway.

2. Leinad Laurelwreath

Leinad Laurelwreath Avatar

Interesting!

I think Adv.Exp/Level = Pool + XP applied to skills and since Decay removes XP from skills, it'd be possible to lose adventure level with a lot of deaths! Unless there is a hidden XPDebt mechanism this could happen

It doesn't make sense to have AdvXP calculated from historic XP gains in my mind.

3. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

xp decay is based on xp ASSIGNED TO SKILLS, not earned. if you never put anything into your skills at all and somehow got enough xp to be adv level 100, you'd lose nothing from death because all your skills are too low to accrue any decay.

4. Fazza

Fazza Avatar

Excellent. Well that answers that then. I was hoping it would be but I never had it confirmed.

So even if unrelated to skill decay. Does you adventurer level always remain the highest you've ever got it.. even if you were to loose all your skillpoints :) As I'm sure thats based on total XP earned since playing, even if some is lost?

5. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

correct, you can't lose adv level.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.