A question regarding summons

Discussion in 'Skills and Combat' started by Baelzebub, Aug 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Baelzebub

Baelzebub Avatar

Taming as I see it is far too costly except for those who truly have the time and previous know-how in order to achieve and maintain it oh and OP(which even though countless posts have been posted, nothing has been done, perhaps this is on the back-burner). So the question being are the summons worth it at this point? Or like 4 releases ago as that's when all the posts were regarding them they were still trash?

Can we get some clarification on Summon Daemon as well, is this a persistent pet or like the skeleton we are looking at a decay or a potential threat mechanic because you can't "Control" it because the skills not even in yet?

BTW, I'd love to see a better mechanic in for the death magic pets, how about sapping a percentage of HP from the caster instead of having to summon the damn pet over and over again? Or maybe this falls on deaf ears....Let me know. Since persistence is in i'd prefer not to waste my time.

I fear this may have come out a bit distasteful which is not my intention but at the thought of persistence and am limitless in my class options is what I've been looking for in a game for so long, I want to become powerful here where my decisions have impact on how strong my character becomes rather than wasting time on skills that will bring me little to no benefit.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2016
    Roycestein Kaelstrom likes this.
  2. Julian Baskerville

Julian Baskerville Avatar

Not sure on the Daemon itself...the spell description gave me the idea he works like a grenade that you throw into a battle to hurt everyone including yourself.

All elemental pets stay and have a HP pool. Only the skeletton has a decay if I am correct. And if you play solo...you pretty much cant go without one. I'd sugest the water one, its a decent fighter and keeps healing you in the background, making the whole game easyer.

All skills have a benefit...its a matter of situation and taste on what to use.

Roycestein Kaelstrom likes this.
  3. Jasta85

Jasta85 Avatar

The issue a few patches ago was that elementals never scaled so while they were a great help at early levels, and could at least contribute at mid levels, they were pretty much useless (with the possible exception of the water elemental healing) at high levels.

Undead seem even more useless as I always thought they were supposed to be stronger but short lived pets, but even with their skills maxed out they remain weak and only slightly less temporary.

Have they changed the pet problem where anyone with just a touch in taming can use the highest level pet if they purchase it? because that ruins the whole incentive to become a dedicated tamer, when you can skip all the work and just buy the final product.

I love pets/summons in games but both those sides seem to have significant issues, at least when I last checked them a few patches ago. If they have been fixed I'll definitely be focusing on them when I finally get into the game (currently traveling on business so won't be able to get in for a few weeks).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.