A SotA card game

Discussion in 'Player Created Resources' started by Eriador, Mar 16, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eriador

Eriador Avatar

[​IMG]

Some time ago I started to create my own card game inspired in Shroud of the Avatar. Like always I shared it in my website, for those who will like to take a look:

http://www.energyvortexllama.com/2016/03/the-lords-of-new-britannia-complete.html

I will continue to try to make it the best possible and update the rulebook and the cards, if they need any change (for example justo today I changed the rule of the Grand Tour Master, to make it more interesting).

I also have one expansion under my hooves, if finally it have some acceptance and the community want to see more.

Perhaps soon, or one day, we will see a deluxe version of the fortune telling cards.

http://www.energyvortexllama.com/2016/03/tarot-of-purple-death-quick-reference.html

A physical edition: https://www.thegamecrafter.com/games/the-lords-of-new-britannia

Last edited: Mar 18, 2016
  2. Mata

Mata Avatar

Great work! Cool stuff, Eriador!
    Thank you! :)

Ice Queen, Ancev, Krohon and 2 others like this.
  3. Leelu

Leelu Avatar

Looking forward to Eriador Tarot cards. Thank you for all the hard work that goes into the creation of this fantastic idea.

Ice Queen, Ancev, Krohon and 2 others like this.
  4. Eriador

Eriador Avatar

Now I hope the game could be interesting and funny to play for the community. If you have any idea or review make me now!

i hope you can see the tarot deluxe version soon. I am crazy enough to combine it with the game in secret modes! :D :D :D

Leelu, Mata and Krohon like this.
  5. Eriador

Eriador Avatar

I hope you will like, die Mata.

Leelu and Mata like this.
  6. Mata

Mata Avatar

7. Eriador

Eriador Avatar

Leelu and Mata like this.
  8. Mata

Mata Avatar

It was a nice day to die. :D

Eriador, Leelu and Ice Queen like this.
  9. Duke William of Serenite

Duke William of Serenite Avatar

This would be great for a mini game. I play hearthstone on PC and MTG with real cards.

RoStudios, Eriador and Leelu like this.
  10. HoustonDragon

HoustonDragon Avatar

Very nice. Do you have these in physical form as well? Would be cool for a set :p

Eriador and Leelu like this.
  11. WrathPhoenix

WrathPhoenix Avatar

Ive actually put together proofs of these to get them printed and published (one set for me)... I'm having trouble understanding how many of each card needs to be printed though heh

Eriador and Leelu like this.
  12. Selene

Selene Avatar

I wonder if @rild of relicsbyrild.com could work some magic to make these into a physical version for those of us who are printerly challenged. :D

Eriador likes this.
  13. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

I was thinking of using printerstudio.com to print myself a copy, but being able to order a version through RelicsByRild.com would also work.

I'm a little tempted to wait for somewhat finalized design and rules before printing though.

I am curious to try and play it.

Eriador and Cordelayne like this.
  14. Duke William of Serenite

It would be cool if MTG would make an expansion based on our Lore. We do know the Garriot is friendly with MTG otherwise there wouldnt be a card designed by him!

Eriador likes this.
  15. Eriador

Eriador Avatar

While I liked MTG when I was teeneger I feel that now became very expensive. But I sitll will make expansion based on our Lore. :p

16. Eriador

Eriador Avatar

- Printerstudio, that is a good place, but still not that much professional. I could upload by myself a copy to share there. One totally free and one for around 5$. The 5$ version is the same, but that money will support SotA and the charity, since I will put them in Make a Difference. Anyway you can do it.

- Wait to Rild, that probably will make a best edition and also will be cheaper, since to order in Printerstudio one by one (and this deck have more that 100 cards) is a little bit expensive.

- To do a Kickstarter. That is a very cool idea. I dont know if I can do this, since I based the basic core of my game in The Great Dalmuti, that was a game that I played very much when I was teneeger. I change many rules, and that game even dont have any elite cards, but the spirit is still there. In the other hand is some kind of version of the *******.

The good points of Kickstarter are: We all could have a copy for a better price. I could make some extra copies for Rild and contests for the community. Will promotionate also SotA. I can make some exclusives. For example I can create an unique card for the backers based in a contest of the community. For sure if there is still some money left I will put it in "Make a Difference".

I dont know that you think.

About the number of cards you need as much as the level. Level 9 = 9 cards. It is written in the manual, but I think was not very clear. I uploaded the version 1.0.2b and I underlined that info, to make it clearer, and added aggain in the glossary of terms. Before was written more times, but I tried top make the manual in a compact version.

SeleneNoctua likes this.
  17. Duke William of Serenite

I bought a premade deck that has yet to loose. Spent 12 bucks on it through amazon. However playing with the same deck can get boring. In that respect I can understand, I am at like 6 decks now and some of them were piece by piece which was costly. I also made my wife an Angel deck that used the new Vault that came out. Yes that one deck alone is close to 100 usd.

So yes MTG can get expensive!

Eriador likes this.
  18. Eriador

Eriador Avatar

Oh, I had 1000s of cards, and even use to pay in tournament and that elite, that is not the best place for a game, I have to say.

19. Duke William of Serenite

I am all for SOTA having a card game. This is an awesome idea. Hopefully something will take root from this post.

Thank you OP!

Eriador likes this.
  20. Eriador

Eriador Avatar

For sure could be a dream to have it in SotA, to play it in taverns. I could imagine: you could buy the basic deck in taverns or maybe a secret vortex llama npc. After you should collect the elite cards as quest or rare loot. For example, Porta could re-activate one of the Grand Tour Quest for the Grand Tour Master card, and the Liche card could be a rare loot in the liche mages table. But now they should be focused in the main core of the game actually, so this will be hard.

Fister Magee, SeleneNoctua and Mata like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.