1. Threads will remain in the main wishlist section while being discussed. After being reviewed by the Devs for initial feasibility, and depending on thread activity, the thread may be moved into one of the two subsections
    How to post your idea:
    Create a thread with a clear title that describes what the idea is about. Only one idea per thread!
    Please specify either in the title of the thread (if there is space) or at the very top of your post, what type of idea it is, For example: Housing (Houses, Lots, etc)
    Example title: Housing: Epic Keep and Castle Size Homes other than Pirate Ships
    Be sure to include details about your idea. Devs, and or players may reply to your thread asking additional questions, so please be willing to provide more details.
    Please see the sticky thread marked **READ FIRST** for more details...

A suggestion for the Shroud (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Wishlist Requests' started by Seggallion, Jan 18, 2023.

1. Seggallion

Seggallion Avatar

I have not worn my shroud, ever. By the time I got it at adventurer level 102, I already had better gear. What about adding a shroud-only slot to the character? That way we could wear our shroud over everything else. That way players can keep everything they already have. It would make getting the shroud more important.

Ataniiq likes this.
  2. ConjurerDragon

ConjurerDragon Avatar

Regardless of the Shroud would an option be good, to be able to wear it (or a cloak) even when the backpack slot is already taken by e.g. a backpack or a quiver

Last edited: Jan 19, 2023
  3. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

In my day to day, running around doing various things, I have an outfit I would probably wear it, once I figure out how to turn it grey (which Alley in discord confirmed it can).

It could certainly be something that is useful, but shouldn’t be a best in slot item by any means. Perhaps say in a future quest, that one item is the only thing we find ourselves with in a certain situation. And other possibilities as well.

4. Seggallion

Seggallion Avatar

I agree it shouldn't be the best gear for any slot. That is why I suggest a slot just for the shroud. It isn't a great piece later in the game, but you can always add its buffs to whatever you are wearing. It gives you something. To me, the whole game is about this shroud, and it should have its place in the game.

5. Adam Crow

Adam Crow Avatar

Wouldn't everyone just wear it then? Don't think that would be a positive thing for the game. It was the only backslot item with stats for a while and there were a lot of complaints that everyone was wearing it.

FrostII, Barugon and Anpu like this.
  6. Seggallion

Seggallion Avatar

Yes that would be the idea. I don't know why there would be complaints that everyone is wearing it. It wouldn't have to be visible to other players. Treat it like a ring or necklace. You just get the buffs from it. At least it would have a purpose.

7. Adam Crow

Adam Crow Avatar

You never said anything about it not being visible to other players. That's a lot of code for a few stat points. Not worth the effort in my opinion. I think giving it a pattern so we could apply to a crafted back slot item would be a better use of time. And if it kept its virtue functionality, even better.

Anpu, FBohler and Seggallion like this.
  8. Ceal Astra

Ceal Astra Avatar

revisiting this 'cause... so, even if the shroud had lower stat boosts but a permanent slot togglable to visually hide or replace the player back slot item giving a choice to show it or nay -- I love seeing people whip out their shroud at gatherings, it's a very communal feeling and a badge of honor having completed the questline, as well as tribute to love of the game, in a way.