Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Ability leveling would be far better if it were chance-based.

Discussion in 'Release 40 Feedback Forum' started by mike11, Apr 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mike11

mike11 Avatar

Some thoughts for ability changes are that the recent 'state' of ability leveling is IMO not that exciting.
    I had hoped that they would at least partially add more elements of chance or luck, definitely magic and alchemy too. It makes sense just because all these items are in game which also means they are in the game world for players to discover and find. Virtues, reagents, alchemy AND glyphs.
    What we have now is far too "experience based". It's not what this game was destined to be, that is too monotonous.
    Let the magic begin!

2. Lifedragn

Lifedragn Avatar

I would very much love to avoid getting into even more random number generator madness. Ability level ups and experience gains as chance based systems would be something I am very much against.

Hornpipe and Hermetic like this.
  3. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

UO's skill advancement was chance based and it sucked. I think SotA's skill advancement using pooled experience is much better.

Hornpipe likes this.
  4. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

I agree, chance based is a horrible idea. I would suggest that the 'transfer rate' could use a bit of a buff. You have to earn the xp, I don't see the need to maul a training dummy for 6 hours to put that xp into the skills you want.

Hornpipe likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.