Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

About Experience(points) ...

Discussion in 'Release 34 Feedback Forum' started by Paladin Michael, Oct 4, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Paladin Michael

Paladin Michael Bug Hunter

Maybe I didn't understand the whole gameplaying design, but think about this:
    1. "calm" Skills
    When I toggle down a skill to NO exp. and click it (like Light), why does it consume exp.points?

I understand, it is right to receive exp. by doing things (fighting an enemy, finishing a quest).
    But why does an ability (I don't want to practice) needs to consume exp.points? It costs focus, or not?

2. "active" Skills
    It takes a 1st time to slay an enemy, and a second time to receive exp.points for the next one ...
    This protracts to level up. But is this the right way?

An example:
    If you fight an enemy - again and again (may be you'll be killed for 10 times) you receive NO exp.
    And (while practicing!!!) Skills will do nothing. So you can play 1-2 hours and all your practice was for nothing ...

Is this logical?
    Wouldn't it be fair to receive an amount of exp.points in relation of the enemies fighting against?

Just my thoughts ;)

Acred likes this.
  2. WehTeheFf

WehTeheFf Avatar

Are you sure that the locked skill consumes XP? It's more likely that you have some Innate Skill (the grey ones) unlocked that consumes XP when you cast Light (or another spell).
    If you have all Innate Skills locked, then that must be a bug afaik.

Acred and Fister Magee like this.
  3. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

True, if every innate and the light spell is off, there will be no xp drainage.. check your skills.

Acred likes this.
  4. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

You seem to not understand how the XP Pool works.. you should read the manual about these specifics:
    -You won't receive any xp until you kill a mob, that XP goes into a pool.
    -You can practice (note, a target is needed for target spells, or no xp will be used, go get a Gustball for this), as long as there is XP Pool, the skills will drain that.
    -All skill usage is based on that pool. If the pool is 0, then you will have no gain, making practicing (read: macroing) useless until you get more pool.. by killing real mobs.
    -You will gain skill levels while you kill mobs, as long as your pool has some xp and as long as a skill is set to training.

Acred and NRaas like this.
  5. Paladin Michael

Thank you for your feedback. I understand - forgot the grey ones ;)

Correct me if I be wrong:
    When having no XP in pool and fighting against enemies, I receive NO XP before I have one killed.

That means: when be killed from a mob of enemies within 30 minutes without killing ONE enemy you fought for nothing.
    Because you receive no XP. Skills can just be trained with an amount of XP before fighting ...
    Right? ;)

6. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

Correct :) Every swing of your weapon uses xp pool and only from the pool, if your pool reaches 0, then you will never gain XP (or consume) till you actually kill something. When you kill a mob, that xp goes directly into the pool, swing your weapon, you will take a bit again. Always kill mobs to get that pool up! :)

Another useful tip, the higher your pool, the faster a skill can gain, because the game uses a % of the pool, rather than a set amount. But this % is also split among your set Training skills... its tricky, keep asking questions! :)

This system was designed in such a way as to discourage unattended macroing, which is against the rules.. but attended macroing is allowed. Gustballs or training dummies are good for this. Or cats/cows/sheep, but mobs are best for the higher xp. And Gustballs and Training Dummies do not give xp.

Acred, Budner and Sir_Michael like this.
  7. Paladin Michael

Thank you for the information about the reason - to discourage unattended macroing ...

8. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

It really is the only explanation for this insanity! :D 'It works' though! :)

Acred likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.