Accessing the SotA website on my droid phone

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bayard2, Dec 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bayard2

Bayard2 Avatar

Anyone else have problems clicking the links off the main site on their droid based phone? Once I got the store to open and it never happened again lol. At work I'm not in front of a computer so its nice to keep reading whats going on

2. Sir Frank

Sir Frank Master of the Mint

Yeah, I can't operate the links from my android phone either. I had to bookmark the forums to get here.

3. Umbrae

Umbrae Avatar

I don't have any problems. I am using a Nexus 5 with KitKat and using Chrome. Site runs like butter. I used to have a Nexus One with Gingerbread and the Dolphin browser, and I had issues. Not so much with links, but slow loading and responses that killed using it on my phone.

The forums work great too other than you don't get the WYSIWYG editor, so I have to use BB Code to add my special colors. :)

deryk likes this.
  4. Bayard2

Bayard2 Avatar

Thanks..yeah it works in chrome. Sweet I can check the forums at work more easily :)

5. Violation Clauth

Violation Clauth Avatar

Never has been... I downloaded it and set it as my default a while ago so I didn't know about this issue with the built in browser.

6. Umbrae

Umbrae Avatar

It is now, but only on Jellybean and higher on stock devices. Before that there was an application called Browser that was the default. Also non-Google device manufactures may not make it the default either if they customized Android to that point. Always go with a Nexus device or a manufacture that does not use a customized Android version (like ASUS or Motorola). Samsung and HTC should be avoided just for that reason.

7. Bayard2

Bayard2 Avatar

Yeah I haven't been able to figure how to set chrome as my default browser on my motorolla droid 4 but at least I can access it now.

8. Umbrae

Umbrae Avatar

Normally it would ask when you go to launch a site and it sees more than one application. However, you can clear the default setting and reset it this way:

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/43135/

In this case you would probably looks for you default browser application and clear the settings then open Chrome which should then ask and allow you set a different default.

9. smack

smack Avatar

You could also use Tapatalk if you want a dedicated forum app.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.