1. Threads will remain in the main wishlist section while being discussed. After being reviewed by the Devs for initial feasibility, and depending on thread activity, the thread may be moved into one of the two subsections
    How to post your idea:
    Create a thread with a clear title that describes what the idea is about. Only one idea per thread!
    Please specify either in the title of the thread (if there is space) or at the very top of your post, what type of idea it is, For example: Housing (Houses, Lots, etc)
    Example title: Housing: Epic Keep and Castle Size Homes other than Pirate Ships
    Be sure to include details about your idea. Devs, and or players may reply to your thread asking additional questions, so please be willing to provide more details.
    Please see the sticky thread marked **READ FIRST** for more details...

Add basic instructions for installing LUA

Discussion in 'Wishlist Requests' started by that_shawn_guy, Oct 20, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. that_shawn_guy

that_shawn_guy Bug Hunter

Time Lord, Aldo, Anpu and 3 others like this.
  2. Tirrag

Tirrag Avatar

it would be wonderful if there was a mod installer from the main menu to help ease the pain. i know @DavidDC has a mods website with desktop apps to do this and now that he is part of SotA maybe he can utilize the code from those desktop apps to incorporate that functionality right into the game.

3. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

We have Lua mods that, now that I'm using 2 of them daily, I can't imagine being without - and I imagine that there are many SotA players who would feel the same way IF the installations were simply handled by the ingame client.... :)

I can't wait to hear how @DavidDC responds to this request..... :)

4. DavidDC

DavidDC Programmer Moderator SOTA Developer

I'll try to figure out something but can't promise for next release cause it's a long work. But noted!

5. DavidDC

DavidDC Programmer Moderator SOTA Developer

Yes i'm gonna write something for sannyo to add in player instruction this release for lua which will explain the basic, where to find the folders, how to place file and commands you can do related to it in game chat box.

6. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

That didn't take long....... KUDO's @DavidDC - well done !
    :)

Coswald_Dirthmire and Time Lord like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.