Add-on store items availability after launch?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Illesac, Feb 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Illesac

Illesac Avatar

Besides those items with limited quantities already stated are there additional items that will no longer be available after launch? I'm assuming the'll return to full price but everything will still be available for purchase.

2. HoustonDragon

HoustonDragon Avatar

Good question. I wouldn't expect the infinite durability and other special items to remain, but they may offer similar items when it gets going.

3. Illesac

Illesac Avatar

**bump**

4. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

Very early in the campaign, RG said he didn't like microtransactions, but SL said they may be a necessary means of funding.

I wouldn't be shocked to continue to see a store to purchase in game items. So long as the items are primarily vanity items, or not imbalanced, then I don't mind. They have to make their money somewhere, especially since they've moved away from the peer-to-peer instance hosting model and will need more servers themselves.

5. LoneStranger

LoneStranger Avatar

It may be easier to set up a cash-for-vanity-currency system on the website, and do away with the add-on store. Throw all those items on an NPC somewhere who only accepts the vanity currency.

6. NRaas

NRaas Avatar

Sort of like @Lexcalibur's suggestion of selling in-game tickets at the store, rather than the actual items ?

For crosslinking purposes, the thread is here : https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?threads/how-prosperity-items-are-sold.7479/

Sounds reasonable enough to me, as long as it remained for vanity items only. Anything else leads down the slope towards dual-currency systems. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.