Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Add-on Store items received in bank after melting to credit

Discussion in 'Release 25 Bug Forum' started by Daxxe Diggler, Jan 13, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

Player Bug Report Template
    1. Title: Add-on store items received in bank after melting to credit
    2. Reproduction Rate: Tried once, happened once
    3. Blocker? No
    4. Details: Purchased Black Dye 12-pack during Telethon, had not logged into game yet and decided to just convert to store credits instead. After logging into game, the black dyes were in my bank even though I did receive store credit on my account. Thank you for the free dyes! ;)
    5. Steps to Reproduce: Be logged off game ~> buy dyes in Add-on Store ~> convert to credits after purchase ~> receive credits ~> log into game to receive free dyes in bank.
    6. User Specs: N/A
    Note 1): I would imagine that it might be possible to purchase these dyes, convert to credits, then purchase them again (or something else instead) and literally get the dyes for free or get multiple copies of the item in-game (if they are added upon purchase and not removed upon convert to credits). All it would take is simply logging into game to remove the item from the bank between re-purchasing with the same store credits.

Note 2): Not sure if this issue is item specific or if it could happen with any add-on store item purchase that is converted to credits after purchase but prior to logging into the game to "claim". If so, people could potentially have multiple free copies of any item in the store.

Note 3): My account page no longer shows this item as being purchased (although the store credits I got back from it are shown). So I now have "claimed" an add-on store item in-game without it appearing on my account list as "claimed" nor with a "Convert to Credits" option.

2. Oba Evesor

Oba Evesor Avatar

Happens with a lot of things. It'll be there til wipe basically, then you'll just have the number of copies you've actually purchased. Kinda like if you log in, then out, right after a wipe, then pay the $25 to convert a buncha stuff you'll still have all the stuff when ya log back in. Until the next wipe anyway.

Daxxe Diggler likes this.
  3. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

I figured it might not be item specific. I think this still needs to be addressed though because even if things get "fixed" after a wipe, there will not be any wipes once it goes live.

If not fixed before going live, then this would be a serious exploit. For instance, what if someone did this over and over with an air ship or the higher priced Lot Deeds? Could you imagine the economic ramifications of that?

Fister Magee likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.