Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Add-On Wings Feedback

Discussion in 'Release 32 Feedback Forum' started by Ice Queen, Aug 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ice Queen

Ice Queen Avatar

@DarkStarr

The lack of lower part of the wings on some of these make them look off and kind of goofy. Please don't think this as me being mean or disrespectful, it's just some of them don't look right and they look like they're just sitting on your shoulders.
    The fairy wings seem ok where they are because they have the big wings up top and bottom and balance them out, its the some of the other wings that don't look quite right without a lower half.

These look balanced and just fine.
    [​IMG]

These two are almost right they seem to need some more thickness on the bottom area or maybe need lowered to the middle of the back or something, maybe a larger wingspan. I'm not sure whats off about them.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

These seem to need a slightly larger wingspan and just look like they're sitting on your shoulders maybe needs bigger wingspan and to be lengthened down the back more with wings.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 1, 2016
    Numa, Time Lord, Budner and 4 others like this.
  2. DancingShade

DancingShade Avatar

Having them high up prevents that nasty clipping, which is nice.

I'm a fan of these. I bought the demon ones immediately and they go pretty well with the elder elven armor, in case you're wondering. No visible joining issues or graphical errors.

Only thing missing is some demon skin armor... hmm. That would be nice too!

enderandrew and Time Lord like this.
  3. Ice Queen

Ice Queen Avatar

I guess it's the wingspan and or shape both on them that make them look weird. Been looking at some pictures to try and figure out why they look so awkward to me.
    Trust me I'd like to say "Oh I want to buy them all!" but I'm going, well the angel wings and kobold ones don't look to terribly bad so I might get those, but I might end up just waiting for better ones that look right later down the road. :(

Here's some pictures to compare.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 1, 2016
  4. Satan Himself

Satan Himself Avatar

I think maybe wings will always look wrong since humans don't have wings. Most humans.:eek:

5. Ice Queen

Ice Queen Avatar

lol good one, this is make believe land and we pay real money for these items though, they just don't look right. :(

DancingShade, Time Lord and Budner like this.
  6. Wintermute of CoF

Wintermute of CoF Avatar

If they were as wide as the ones in the pictures I don't think you'd be able to fit through any doors. So either there'd have to be some sort of folded/unfolded state with an animation to switch between, all the doors in the game would have to be wider, or we'd have to put up with the weirdness of the wings passing through solid walls.

DancingShade and Time Lord like this.
  7. Ice Queen

Ice Queen Avatar

Aye, guess they're just not for me as they are. Really wish they were, I'd like to have bought them all if they looked less awkward. :(

DancingShade and Time Lord like this.
  8. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

:oops:~I Agree, Notice the Stabilizers~:confused:
    [​IMG]
    ~Time Lord~:rolleyes:

9. EclipseMaiden

EclipseMaiden Avatar

I love the FAIRY WINGS!!! THANK YOU PORT!

10. Rosemourne

Rosemourne Avatar

I have to agree. I was excited to hear that white feathery wings were coming. Sadly, when they were revealed, I was immediately put off. It's unfortunate that they're rigid. Still, I could overlook that if they weren't stuck in the flared position.

Time Lord and Ice Queen like this.
  11. rild

rild Avatar

While these are not the most ultimately cool wings that you personally ripped from a demon's back and used to fly out of the gaping maw of Hell on an updraft of sulphuric lamentations, I think they are a lovely costume item. This is like fair-gear, and it seems totally reasonable that people in NB would construct these for themselves, not necessarily out of ACTUAL wings, but paper mache and plaster and sticks and paint, just like people do here on Earth.

We have a diverse world of personalities and lifestyles here, and I see any opportunity to customize character appearance (that does not completely diverge from the theme) as individual expression, promoting ownership and empathy: ultimately a good thing.

That being said, I too would love to see some REAL wings, be they kobold technology, dragon transplants, or the result of some errant Chaos magic. I want to fly too! It's unreasonable to expect that in the current development schedule, though. I can only look to the Airship homes, Hot air balloons, and boats for hope that Portalarium has these ideas in their head too. Why wouldn't they? These are incredibly imaginative, artistic gamers with the same dreams and aspirations for virtual worlds that the rest of us have. Let them catch up and give us mounts and maybe a couple feet of levitation or slow-fall, before we ask for full 3d movement.

Likewise, I would not expect a $10 or less add-on item to save me from fall damage. In fact, I would be rather miffed at the pay-to-win-ness of it. A rare drop or craftable item, sure, but if you don't want to see everyone wearing them, surely functionality would ensure your disappointment. Perhaps there will be 'augmented' craftable versions in the future that offer some functionality. I think the emote type option to open/close them is a great idea though.

Finally, the brilliance of deco wearables is that if someone wants to wear it out in the world, they are losing a slot. So you've either gotta be a total badass to be running around a Shardfall with those wings, or asking to get ganked. In the context of a party or ball, these will be a wonderful addition, just like the masks.

PS the new entertainment emotes rock!

Acred and Time Lord like this.
  12. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

Alan Rickman injured his back on that movie because the wings were really heavy, but he insisted on real wings because he didn't want them to be crappy CGI.

rild, Acred and Time Lord like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.