Add-ons future

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Otso_Kontio, Feb 27, 2019.

?

Would you like to see more houses and everything in the selection of ingame merchants?

Poll closed Aug 27, 2019.
  1. Yes

77.8%
  2. No

22.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Otso_Kontio

Otso_Kontio Avatar

Hi

I was just wondering how is it beneficial for Portalarium to minimize the addons selection.

I do understand that it is nice to have some houses only limited amounts but at the moment the selection for town size lot is quite appalling.

I haven`t been playing for awhile now and i bought the obsidian tower for my town lot back in the days when it emerged. Now i wanted to change it to something else than the basic village houses and behold there isnt any choices. The discontinued bundles is one thing i have big problems to understand how it was a good thing to stop selling them. I was searching for the Viking versions and the 2 story viking village home just makes me sad. There are none to satisfy the thought i had for grandiose 3 story stronghold.

I understanded from the beginning that the ingame coto merchants would have had different selections of houses depending on the location they are selling, but no they have the same selection. I traveled to Harvest and to Vertas to see this. Another layer of immersion gone...

I would have been satisfied with the village stronghold or the elven keep but no there are none. It seems that the only thing left is the pitiful scraps that nobody wanted to buy.

In my mind i would think that it would be a GOOD thing that people would buy from the ingame coto merchants and would buy more cotos from portalarium so they would have more resources for everything...

2. Otso_Kontio

Otso_Kontio Avatar

reserved

3. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

4. Warrior B'Patrick

Warrior B'Patrick Avatar

Greetings Otso_Kontio
    Since you have not played in a while I assume you have not noticed that they have moved all the current items from the web based Add-On store to the in game COTO store. The Web based store is only going to carry a small amount of stuff and some special items that come out during special events. Also to claim reward items has been moved from a button in your bank screen. Both of these, the claim rewards and the COTO store, are now in the top right bar. The Rewards button is the far right and the COTO store is the second one from the right. There are a total of 53 homes in the COTO store but only 7 Town size homes. As Earl Atogrim von Draken said please add your voice to the request for more houses.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 27, 2019
  5. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

hehe I was about to say its already in game for crowns, and crowns can be bought from other players. would be nice though if there was away to buy crowns from merchant for igg mind you that may break the market as who would determine the value?

Synergy Blaize likes this.
  6. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Lets not forget to work a crafted house or two in when the new round comes.

Gravidy, Barugon, Jaesun and 2 others like this.
  7. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Yes please.

8. Otso_Kontio

Otso_Kontio Avatar

Yes i know Portalarium moved the web based add-on store for ingame merchants to handle. Thats why i said that i thought that the homes in the merchants inventory would change depending where the merchant is located. But they sell the same houses :(
    It would have been more immersive to travel to Harvest and buy the viking houses from a merchant that lives in viking surroundings and the same for Vertas and elven houses.

But still the inventory for new houses has diminished so much comparing to the times when the different bundles were available.

And i havent got any answer that why it is a good thing that there are less houses for the coto merchants to sell ingame?

9. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Location based crown merchants was the original new system and was pretty bad in terms of ease of use.

10. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

That's not going to happen. Crowns are created by someone giving money to keep the lights on at Portalarium. When you buy from another player, the crown is merely transferred from someone else, going back to someone giving real money to them. Buying them in-game from an NPC for in-game gold causes them to be created without money going to Portalarium.

- IGG = created by in-game effort of a player
    - Crowns = created by money going to Portalarium

I thought it was kind of cool in terms of immersion to have the custom coto vendors, but the simple fact is that it was an obstacle to players buying stuff that funded the game. The new coto shop interface removes all the barriers between desire for an item and having the item. The only thing you have to go out of your way for is getting the crowns, because there needs to be an interaction with real-world financial stuff somewhere. In terms of flow I think it's better than what few other systems I've seen.

Xee, Jaesun and Vladamir Begemot like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.