Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Adding a door is a good fix but needs a little more . .

Discussion in 'Release 63 Feedback' started by Weins201, Mar 7, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Ok I know I am being critical and some will say overly critical but there is a room that had a problem and was I am sure abused, I know I took advantage a few times.

HOWEVER this is anew release so pop in to check and see if fixed, and Yes it is Very nice job. BUT there is a door there now that needs a key. Again that is AWSOME , BUT the key I went to the areas in the vicinity and checked all the corpses and killed more and looted them and no Key.

SOOO, this is why I get critical; On the door there could be a scribbled note, something that explain what might be hidden behind the locked doors and why. Something that was unleashed by an evil Mage or something. They key has been lost as it was stolen by something or other and was last seen in the vicinity of . . . . .

Simple, great fix but very uhhh, the key is somewhere and I will find it but I have to just hunt peck all over, no direction no rhyme or reason.

Again ty for the "fix" but . . . . . does that make sense?

2. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

I think in the stream yesterday Chris said it was a 1 in 20 chance off of the elfs. RNG being what it is, that could be either right away, or a long wait. I went in there to just beat up on stuff and got a key almost immediately, but no other for the remaining half hour or so I was there.

3. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

yeah I am sure but my point is put some story into it so at least I know I am even looking in the right area. I can not be all that hard to post a note on the door or anything that would create it as some content not just I ran into a door and its locked now go find a key? zero rhyme or reason, that is all I would like to see. 5 minutes more work to make it actually make sense.

Hermetic likes this.
  4. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

Good suggestion! I've added it as issue #64245.

Also, I'll mention that I will be adding a key for the room that will be randomly hidden somewhere in the same elf areas of Solania Catacombs. Those players who are unlucky to not get the key as loot can try their searching for the key as a "Plan B."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.