Adding a few small dynamic changes. And one housing change.

Discussion in 'Archived Topics' started by Dunreave, Nov 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dunreave

Dunreave Avatar

I feel with the active population of the game as it currently stands adding a few dynamic changes to scenes would be a nice touch. Please note these are just playful thoughts that I wish to see in game. Also I do not keep track of whats already planned to be added, so if anything I'm suggesting is already in the works. Ignore it.

1: Dynamic trees. Let them re spawn as they are but add some small variation in the way they look each time they spawn. Similar to the monthly test videos put out when the game was in its initial stages, add visible damage to the trees from axes. Each swing takes another chunk out of the trunk. I would also suggest a rework of the current trees. They are all constantly moving with the wind and this could be improved and made noticeably more realistic with some minor programming. A bit more detail in the trees wouldn't hurt either.

2: Dynamic Mining. Forget ores as we know it, if anyone here is familiar with LANDMARK, I propose a similar mining system, Ores actually spawn in the rock and you can mine it out of the rock. each swing of the pickax reduces the ore and rock to some degree. Perhaps even add areas in mines that are fully mine able for granite, rock and such. Make the entirety of this specified area able to be mined out. Please note I am not suggesting we make the ores spawn randomly. I suggest leaving everything in its place but making things more interactive. Put the ore IN the rock rather than ON the rock and such.

3. When enemies, animals and players get below a certain threshold of health, have there stance change slightly. Not enough to affect combat (although that would be fun) but enough to see that what we are hitting is taking damage as opposed to just dropping dead. Yes I know there is a health bar but still the little things help.

4. For the love of all that is mighty can we make pictures and wall items peaceable on rough stone blocks! I have been building with these things since the start and you could do so much more with them if this was added.

Thanks! I will probably think of more later.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.