Adding group content to reach 1 mil per hour, other than control points

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Yakamo LLTS, Jan 8, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yakamo LLTS

Yakamo LLTS Avatar

I had an idea to implement some new zones that are considered "raid zones". These zones would require a minimum of 4 party members in friends mode to negate the buffs on mobs who are invulnerable to any damage unless the souls of 4 Avatars are present. Control points are currently the new way to obtain max exp and secondary would the the lich boss room in The Rise. This is just an idea and i would be interested in anyone's comments on such.

One thing i forgot to mention would that a "lore" would be needed to justify this idea.

K1000 and Cordelayne like this.
  2. Magnus Zarwaddim

Magnus Zarwaddim Avatar

Group content that scales would be great. The mechanics are there to make a group of mobs attack you in waves, for example. If they could port this over to FO zones that would be nice. I imagine implementing the buff mechanic you describe (which sounds like a pretty good idea) would not make it to launch, but would be a nice Q2/Q3 goal for a release.

I wouldn't be opposed to making this something that only works in friends (like how you have PvP MP zones, but instead have Group PvE FO zones). The Lore in this case could be short little stories, maybe about the various factions. Group vs. Zombies. Group vs. Elves. Group vs. Kobolds. Wait! Yes, we have that mechanic already in the Kobold Expedition Camp. Same concept, but for groups!

See how I weaved in factions? :)

Cordelayne likes this.
  3. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

It'd be really nice if there were zones suitable for grouping, but as the OP has said, there needs to be some sort of catalyst; anything that's good for a group, is going to be -really- good for a hardcore soloist wihtout some sort of limiting factor.
    Personally I find little enjoyment in parking on a control point, standing in one place for hours, and having things come at us and swat them down, and currently it seems that's really the only beneficial "to be grouped" activity.

What I'd personally like to see would be zones much like the ones we have now, but with a higher density of creatures/resource nodes suitable to more than one player at a time. Most zones now can't support more than a single player circling and killing/harvesting due to the respawn rates being quite slow. Its not uncommon that I'll go to a zone and immediately switch to friends if there is anyone else there, because otherwise, I waste a lot of time passing already-felled trees and already-harvested-bushes. Even if these zones -required- being in at least a group of 2- ie, if it was felt there was a need to discourage a competent soloist from taking advantage of it - that'd be fine - the idea would be that this would be a zone intended for a group. Or even the ability to 'selective multiplayer' yourselves into a more dense version of a zone would suffice.

Its exciting to see all the new zones being uncloned, but after a cursory exploration, it seems I always go back to the usual handful of zones that have good density or efficient gathering/grind routes. After playing for a couple of months (from persistence) anything less than a 5-skull was simply not worth the time in terms of xp/loot gain - even less so if in a group - this leaves only a handful of zones to actively play about in "with others" and have it be worth your while, if you're not wanting to farm bosses or control points.

Retro, Nikko and Cordelayne like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.