1. Threads will remain in the main wishlist section while being discussed. After being reviewed by the Devs for initial feasibility, and depending on thread activity, the thread may be moved into one of the two subsections
    How to post your idea:
    Create a thread with a clear title that describes what the idea is about. Only one idea per thread!
    Please specify either in the title of the thread (if there is space) or at the very top of your post, what type of idea it is, For example: Housing (Houses, Lots, etc)
    Example title: Housing: Epic Keep and Castle Size Homes other than Pirate Ships
    Be sure to include details about your idea. Devs, and or players may reply to your thread asking additional questions, so please be willing to provide more details.
    Please see the sticky thread marked **READ FIRST** for more details...

Additional Uses for Storehouse Boxes

Discussion in 'Wishlist Requests' started by Cora Cuz'avich, Jun 25, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

For a while, I've been thinking about wishlisting a method of upgrading simple components. I salvage most weapons and gear that I loot, and so I've collected a large supply of handles, bowstaves, sword blades, bowstrings, and what-have-you. These are all pretty useless to me, and nobody is buying them, so it's either NPC vendor them, or just stash 'em away somewhere.

However, I think the new storehouse turn-ins provide a better solution.

What I'm thinking is, each of the various crafting vendors (carpenters, tailors, smiths, alchemists, etc.) would have collection boxes in their stores, which accept components.

Ideally, you could have one box for each type of thing- one for handles, one for bow strings, etc. That way you could even allow boxes to take t2 items like crimson pine handles or meteoric hilts without having to make a hundred different boxes. But, I suspect that the tech might not allow for the ability to turn in 10x Thing A or 10x Thing B or 10x Thing C. In which case probably best to only allow turn-ins for basic (copper/iron/leather/cotton/pine/maple) components.

Rewards for these would be things related to the shop type, so turning items in to a carpenter would get you wood, timbers, and carpentry recipes, with a decent chance at things like sooty bark or t2 timbers, and a smaller chance at some t3 components like savage or mossy handles.

The storehouse containers could be spread around the map, too, with the carpenter in Owl's Head only taking handles, the one in Ardoris only taking bow staves, etc.

Additionally, each location could feature an uncommon container that accepts t3 components like bandit/heavy blades or savage handles. While generally more desirable, not all of those are useful to every player, and it can be difficult to sell the ones you don't need. Having something to do with them besides selling them to an NPC vendor for next to nothing would be nice. These would net you t1 and t2 materials, with a small chance at an artifact.

Elgarion, Lilith Ayin, Anpu and 4 others like this.
  2. Elgarion

Elgarion Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Neat concepts for sure :) Perhaps I can make a wishlist thread for storehouse containers like those other ones. I'd imagine it could serve some purpose if folks think they'd have routine input on the Storehouse concept. I got a link to this thread too now saved as well, but I'll make one soon to see if folks make use of it.

Wilfred, Sentinel2 and Anpu like this.
  3. Jakkal

Jakkal Bug Hunter

@Elgarion

As part of a suggestion to Alias the storehouse container name to the Storehouse Manager, I discussed a similar idea with Sannio to add storehouse containers in siege scenes, to help supply the war effort. Sannio mentioned devs are not looking to make additions beyond the next series of towns right now. The supply the war effort idea might work for the weapon parts Cora wishlisted, wherever the containers are located. It would be great for those parts to serve a purpose beyond being used to level up extremely low level masterwork and enchanting skills.

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...house-container-aliasing.168938/#post-1323591

Elgarion likes this.
  4. Elgarion

Elgarion Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Oh ya, sieges would be a cool idea too :)

Violet Ronso likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.