Advertising when?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Olddog, Jun 19, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Olddog

Olddog Avatar

I heard they are intentionally trying to keep the population low until everything is finished. But I was wondering when they are going to start advertising, will they use tv, radio etc?

amarious and Woodchuck like this.
  2. hammadowna

hammadowna Avatar

It's coming up soon, afaik. Within the next few months.

3. Woodchuck

Woodchuck Avatar

I didn’t want to derail the other thread, where @Elwyn made this comment, however its perfect for this thread! :)

I am a prime example of this. I had no idea about this game’s existence until about 2 weeks ago and I still do not recall how exactly I stumbled on it. It was truly by chance. I had not seen any advertising relating to this game at all.

Furthermore, having investigated the game’s website (quick casual peruse) and reading reviews that did not do this game any favors, I do not think I would have purchased the game outright to try it. Granted, this may say more about me as a consumer than about the game.

I can honestly say were it not for the free trial *and* a gut feeling that there’s more to this game than meets the eye, I would not be here.

SoTA is definitely one of those games you have to play for several hours at least to begin to develop an appreciation for. It doesn’t have that instant wow factor appeal. What it does have, and what ultimately sold me on it, is depth (but it takes a while and some homework by the player to realize this).

I think it will fail to grab the casual gamer who doesn’t have patience to acclimate to the controls, or found the game distasteful because it lacks bells and whistles like voice acting for NPCs. It will however, appeal to those who can look past these “shortfalls” and be rewarded with depth and substance.

SoTA is not for everyone — only those with patience. And maybe that’s a good thing. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.