Advice needed on the Truth virtue...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Cage Storm, Jun 19, 2017.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cage Storm

Cage Storm Avatar

I am trying to follow all three virtue paths but since R42 hit I seem to have strayed from the path of truth and the oracle is now telling me I hold Truth in disdain, and I've been trying really hard to be truthful to truth.

The only thing I can think of that I may have got wrong was when I was asked my name and I only gave my first name, when maybe I should have told the npc my fullname. Do you have to be really precise with this aspect of the truth ?

2. Lazlo

Lazlo Avatar

It's pretty easy to accidentally steal things.

3. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

i think i recall lum saying that if you gave only your first name, it would accept it.

Cage Storm likes this.
  4. Cage Storm

Cage Storm Avatar

Aah, that's interesting, maybe it was something else then.

5. Cage Storm

Cage Storm Avatar

How do you accidentally steal something ?

6. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

found it:

7. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

I always used Lord British for my name response and I intentionally took decorations, especially candles and crafting materials that I could not otherwise find in the early days. I don't recall virtue even being a factor in gameplay then. It is too late for me. Hope the Truth path doesn't require it.

8. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

One way you can find out what the Oracle likes is to ask her about each virtue. If you have recently (since the last visit?) done something to affect a virtue, she will mention it. Because of that, I think that just talking up a storm with NPCs (bring down that word bar and go crazy) will slowly increase Truth. But the biggest increase should come from finishing the Truth storyline, I think I i had a rather negative Love too, and finishing that path made it positive.

I do think, however, that if you don't do anything bad (or good) for a while, there should be decay on your virtues toward zero. I don't think there is any such, and Truth seems to be the hardest to bring back.

Stealing stuff and breaking barrels and chests in front of NPCs can get you negative truth and/or love, giving to a beggar gives you minor love, talking to NPCs and giving your name gives you minor truth, courage so far is all about killing fauns vs satyrs.

9. Trihugger

Trihugger Avatar

Odds are you basically stole stuff. Picking up anything in a town is basically stealing and as there's no real penalty other than this supposed slap on the wrists from the oracle... well I'll just happily tell the clicker head that I've been a bad little boy when she asks me how I've done for truth for my 500 gold a day lol.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.