1. Threads will remain in the main wishlist section while being discussed. After being reviewed by the Devs for initial feasibility, and depending on thread activity, the thread may be moved into one of the two subsections
    How to post your idea:
    Create a thread with a clear title that describes what the idea is about. Only one idea per thread!
    Please specify either in the title of the thread (if there is space) or at the very top of your post, what type of idea it is, For example: Housing (Houses, Lots, etc)
    Example title: Housing: Epic Keep and Castle Size Homes other than Pirate Ships
    Be sure to include details about your idea. Devs, and or players may reply to your thread asking additional questions, so please be willing to provide more details.
    Please see the sticky thread marked **READ FIRST** for more details...

Aetheric Feedback duration

Discussion in 'Wishlist Requests' started by Barugon, Jan 12, 2024.

1. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I would like the duration of Aetheric Feedback to be a bit longer, like 1.5 or 2 minutes.

Actually, it would be great if the duration increased with skill level.

Tirrag, Micmatty, GenieUK and 2 others like this.
  2. Adam Crow

Adam Crow Avatar

It would be nice if focus spec made it more powerful or increased duration too. Right now all it does is increase the time you have to get the combat focus buff.

3. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I think specialization should make the focus recovery part better. Right now, it's about the same as a single charge of Rhapsody of Recovery, which doesn't require any twitch timing. Guess which one is on my main combat bar?

4. Adam Crow

Adam Crow Avatar

That would be nice. I use them both constantly and I agree aetheric feedback could use some love in some way. Right now it lasts for 2 minutes with a 6 stack. I wish it was more like 2 minutes for a single stack and 3-4 minutes for 5-6 stack.

Tirrag and GenieUK like this.
  5. GenieUK

GenieUK Avatar

I agree with everyone here, it should last 2-3 mins on a single cast and then stack higher from that.

I often cast AF and then drop out of combat! DOH I wish it also had the same regen for out of combat as when in combat.
    It would also make an great combo spell with jinx, maybe it could swap to HP regen, but thats another request all togeather!

Adam Crow likes this.
  6. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

It should. That's another good point.

7. Micmatty

Micmatty Avatar

+1 I always like anything that will improve skills and make them feel better to use.

8. Adam Crow

Adam Crow Avatar

I think the biggest issue with this skill is it doesn't feel like it matters much with focus spec.... and focus spec doesn't add much overall.

After using it with the spec and without as an air mage, I honestly don't feel any different. I can easily manipulate a 5 stack without focus spec to get the combat focus bonus, the added bonus to the ability to time it really is junk.

It should add a small bonus to combat focus, duration and even max focus. The extra window to get the combat focus buff is useless. Most anyone can figure out that just Spellbinders Stance and lightning storm can activate the combat focus bonus easily.

The benefits to adding focus spec are a small combat focus buff and a small increase for Spellbinders Stance. Doesn't seem worth it compared to the alternatives.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2024