Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

AFK leveling and Auto-Stacking attacks

Discussion in 'Release 12 Feedback' started by Arkah EMPstrike, Dec 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

I was curious about these two things after a couple of fights today and was wondering if there are any prevention methods for these two things in the works?

I can't imagine, since skill stacking can be achieved by keyboard functions, that it would be hard to create a program that would auto-stack skills while you focus on combat, ensuring you deal maximum possible damage with drastically less effort.

Similarly, it would seem to be a simpler task to have a program run in circles in a high experience-yield area (Like deep ravenswood) and auto-attack wolves to death while your away from your computer.

If it would be too difficult to detect and deal with someone using either of these, then i wouldn't be opposed to removing the Skill Stacking mechanic entirely, aside from the ability to create combos.

Look forward to hearing folks thoughts ^^

Moonshadow likes this.
  2. Lord Colin

Lord Colin Avatar

With the rate at which weapons/armor decay, this would make macroing pretty problematic.

You would need to make a custom script to manage equipment as well as attacks.

It can be done, but with how easy (and pointless) leveling is, I don't see it as a major problem yet.

Open world PvP solves macroing problems. Just sayin...

Moonshadow likes this.
  3. NRaas

NRaas Avatar

A smart macroer would log in under SPO mode, where other users would not even be aware of their progress. :)

Lord Colin, Moonshadow and E n v y like this.
  4. Lord Colin

Lord Colin Avatar

Ugh, I didn't even think about that.

The more I explore the idea of an offline world, aside from story, I simply find too many avenues for exploiters.

Moonshadow likes this.
  5. NRaas

NRaas Avatar

Personally, I have not bothered with online gaming for over a decade as I'm not particularly big on other players being in *my* game either.

I backed this game on the existence of the FPO mode.

I *want* to participate in the game-o-verse, but frankly if I'm not in the mood to deal with the "Biggus Dickus"'s of the world, I have the option to do so in this game. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.