After release, will upgrading your pledge to a higher (founder) tier be discontinued?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Knight Commander Tyncale, Apr 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Knight Commander Tyncale

Knight Commander Tyncale Avatar

I would expect so, but not sure. Especially since the amount of lots in the game should match the amount of deeds sold before release, I think upgrading will not be possible anymore. Has there been said anything about this? Thanks for any replies.

2. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

The tiers are pre-orders in a sense. When they launch, they have to figure out how many lots they need for the pre-orders and then lock in how much land is available in game. You will however be able to upgrade and purchase things in game for in game currency.

I'm curious if they'd do crowd funding for future episodes before they are released however.

3. Trenyc

Trenyc Avatar

I'd guess so, and I base that guess purely on the fact that prices currently say they are "special pre-release Benefactor" prices. To me this implies that these packages will be sold after release, but they will cost more. It also implies that Founders will always be Founders (and always be able to nab the rewards available at each tier, though sales of plot-level tiers might be limited sometimes due to availability), while Benefactors will always be Benefactors. As for people who aren't Founders of Benefactors come release time, welp, that's anyone's guess. Maybe they'll be limited to one or two pledge tiers (like buying the game vs. CE) plus the addon store.

Alllllllllll speculiations.

Time Lord likes this.
  4. Keldrin

Keldrin Avatar

It's possible that a upgrade post release, that includes a land plot, would offer you a guaranteed plot with the next episode release.
    That would make some sense to me. It allows them to continue to offer upgrades. And deals with the problem of no way to guarantee plots being available in episode 1.

5. Canterbury

Canterbury Avatar

Then you're in exactly the same boat as everyone else at this point in time.

Crikey likes this.
  6. Razimus

Razimus Avatar

During the last livestream they did confirm that crowd funding for future episodes would happen, someone asked
    when it would stop, they basically said it would go on forever, or as long as possible. While it may go on for a long
    time I'd still take advantage of the good benefits that go along w/ pledging early, I mean we don't know what episode
    II pledges will be like, they could be 100% digital and zero % physical items, so I'm glad I pledged when I did.

Time Lord and Dhimmi like this.
  7. Duke Olahorand

Duke Olahorand Localization Team

An indicator for the limitation to account upgrades being pre release only is the cut of date of payment plans end of September.
    Other than that we will have to see, what the future brings.

8. Dhimmi

Dhimmi Avatar

however i would like the option to pledge extra on existing pledges when future episodes are being crowd funded ;)

Lord Baldrith likes this.
  9. Trenyc

Trenyc Avatar

That's the cut-off date for the "special pre-release price." The phrasing of that bit by itself makes it sound like they'll offer post-release upgrades. We just don't know, though, and IMO it's not really worth trying to work it out. It's all speculation until we are told otherwise.

Time Lord likes this.
  10. Mishri

Mishri Avatar

I would expect the pledge tiers to completely go away and all items will be purchased through the add-on store, as either packages or individually based on what they want to give people. Most of the items available in pledges, such as physical goods I would think they would want to do a 1 time ordering of those and shipping out. they don't want to have to keep around 10,000 cloth maps for future upgrades, or place additional orders (buying in bulk is a huge cost savings for these type of things).

What they can do though is once all things are shipped out they can sell off extras in the add-on store, so if they have 1,000 cloth maps left over they could offer 500 limited quantity at a set price... that sort of thing.

NRaas, Aegis159, Time Lord and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.