After the wipe

Discussion in 'New Player Welcome' started by xaradt, Jul 27, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xaradt

xaradt Avatar

Hi folks, I bought the game a fair while ago but haven't really put in much effort as of yet. I have a couple of questions if anyone could answer please...

Main one is housing. I have not bought a house/deed from the store, will I be able to use in game gold do this? or is owning a property strictly a $$ thing?

I'm not fussed about the best plot, or even a good one, I'd just like to own something to decorate etc.

Having played UO from day 1 I know how chaotic land rushes can be, and would rather just let that stress pass me by and pick something up later, do you think this will even be possible? I have zero clue on making gold, so even if buying a plot/house with gold is possible it's going to take me a fair while to save up. To clarify I'm not talking about buying from a player, but buying from the in game system, whatever that may be, like the architects in UO.

I guess I'm just concerned that the game will go like Archeage, and that all the land will be gone within a couple of hours of server up, as for me owning land is a big part of the draw here.

Cheers for any info.

Luca Xante, firesparx and Mata like this.
  2. Lord-Galiwyn

Lord-Galiwyn Avatar

First, Housing will be available for in game Gold.
    Second your Pledge lvl you might have a deed and House already, the Dev's said there will be enough land for all
    You might have to search for the lot.
    I will be seqarching for a tax free deed, taxable deeds start at 500 gold per day(row Lot).

Mata likes this.
  3. Gideon Thrax

Gideon Thrax Avatar

The land rush will be exciting and competitive for those that want to compete for prime spots. I think for a lot of people though, it'll be a pretty casual event.

Portalarium has worked it out so there will be enough land in every NPC/PRT in the game to allow placement of every deed sold in pledges and the add-on store. On top of that, there will a bunch of lots also available through POTs... Oh, and deeds will be sold for gold in game through a lottery system of some sort; most of those details are still pending. The short of it is, you might not get a prime spot in a major NPC town, but you'll have every opportunity to establish yourself in your region of choice.

For making gold - someone else will have to tackle that... I'm not much of a grinder, actually been asking those types of questions lately too. haha

firesparx and Mata like this.
  4. xaradt

xaradt Avatar

Thanks for the reply, so for the time being at least there is no in game method available to buy plots and houses, that's sad, but heyho it'll probably take me some time to get enough resources together anyhow.

Mata likes this.
  5. Lord-Galiwyn

Lord-Galiwyn Avatar

What part did you not understand, there will be lots and Houses available for ingame gold, or you can buy them from the Add on store for $$$$$

Mata likes this.
  6. xaradt

xaradt Avatar

I would like to know if I log in after the wipe what the method for buying a plot and house will be (without going to the add on store). I saw the post about deed upkeep prices, but nothing about actually purchasing one. I also saw the post about a lottery for deeds, but no other info. From this I concluded that as of now, there is no method of using gold to buy a lot (except from other players who used the Add on store), but that this will come at a later date. Is this not correct?

Mata likes this.
  7. Lord-Galiwyn

Lord-Galiwyn Avatar

the houses and deeds will be available in Late August(R33)

Last edited: Jul 27, 2016
    Mata likes this.
  8. Mata

Mata Avatar

Welcome xaradt!

Luca Xante, Ice Queen and firesparx like this.
  9. Timmy Vortex

Timmy Vortex Avatar

Welcome to the game :)

Mata likes this.
  10. Luca Xante

Luca Xante Avatar

Mata likes this.
  11. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

To be more clear:

Mata likes this.
Thread Status: