1. Threads will remain in the main wishlist section while being discussed. After being reviewed by the Devs for initial feasibility, and depending on thread activity, the thread may be moved into one of the two subsections
    How to post your idea:
    Create a thread with a clear title that describes what the idea is about. Only one idea per thread!
    Please specify either in the title of the thread (if there is space) or at the very top of your post, what type of idea it is, For example: Housing (Houses, Lots, etc)
    Example title: Housing: Epic Keep and Castle Size Homes other than Pirate Ships
    Be sure to include details about your idea. Devs, and or players may reply to your thread asking additional questions, so please be willing to provide more details.
    Please see the sticky thread marked **READ FIRST** for more details...

Agriculture (Farmable) - Sugar Cane

Discussion in 'Wishlist Requests' started by Sorgin Txakal, Mar 22, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sorgin Txakal

Sorgin Txakal Avatar

I know I have seen the idea floated around before, but I couldn't find a wishlist thread for it, so gonna go ahead and drop this here.

As the devs are in the making things green mood, I think a simple pallet swap on a scaled down coconut plant(without the coconuts), or the small potted bamboo deco would be a great asset to use for sugar cane to be farmed.

Sugar cane would create more diversity in the player farming gameplay as well as encourage more collaboration between farmers and cooks if the sugar cane could be used to make Sacks of Sugar. This could then work into a long term replacement for NPCs selling sacks of sugar.

This would then open the door for the inclusion of rum in game and that would naturally make a rise in sugar prices to be similar to wheat make sense from both a game system perspective as well as a lore perspective.

As sugar is one of the cheapest cooking ingredients, my recommendation is don't respond to this post, just quadruple the price of sacks of sugar this next release and then when you are looking at making a growable vanilla bean plant then they can hit the market together.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

There is a lot of flexibility in the way a sugar cane can be presented:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

I would actually like this to be only harvested from scenes and not grown. We have very little in that mechanic in the game other than beetles and hoppers. A gathering exclusive item. Just some thoughts.

Wilfred and Elgarion like this.
  3. Sorgin Txakal

Sorgin Txakal Avatar

We're talking an entire adventure scene filled to the brim with sugar cane in order to supply all that is needed for all the recipes it is currently a part of :confused:

Joking aside, ya Salt Ingots and Coal are things I would hope to see in abundance in the super huge open mining scene Chris is working on.

If we did see a a huge tropical island adventure scene like The Brave Coast with huge patches of high-meticulous chance harvestable sugar cane, you will hear no complaints from me. :cool:

Wilfred, Archer and Elgarion like this.
  4. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

It would be Sugar Cane plants in various scenes as i said. Not one scene in the entire game.... :D

Wilfred and Elgarion like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.