Agriculture/Farming Trainer?

Discussion in 'Avatars & NPCs' started by Celthon, Jun 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Celthon

Celthon Avatar

I looked at this spot in the Wiki:

http://sotawiki.net/sota/Skills_Trainer

And have hunted through the forums a bit (admittedly my search skills are not very good), and I find no mention of a trainer anywhere for Agriculture/Farming -- is it something not in the game yet (but I see homes with planting beds growing crops, etc.?)

Currently in my Avatar's skill page the Agriculture page is empty.

I purchased some planting pots and barrels and tried planting Garlic, and I make it to the crafting window where my recipes for other craft trees appear, and the craft window for Agriculture is empty (no recipes). I'm able to drag a garlic seed and a bucket of water to the top window, "Plant" lights up at bottom, but when I click it the timer bar moves for a second or so, turns green and says"Success!", but the seed and water remain where they were, and nothing changes in my pot/barrel.

Note: I have the two-story default row house with the overhang in the front...is it because of that overhang that I'm not able to plant anything, as the game sees it as being indoors because of the floor above being over that area? I've moved the pots/barrels are far to the front of the area where I can put outdoor things for that house, and nothing changes, I'm unable to plant seeds in either the planting pot nor planting barrel.

Is there a step I am not aware of that I have left out -- do I need to prepare the soil before trying to plant (add water before hand, add fertilizer, etc.)?

Thank you for your time and assistance.

2. Celthon

Celthon Avatar

3. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

No, I think the removed the skill for farming. You shouldn't need a trainer.

Celthon likes this.
  4. Celthon

Celthon Avatar

Thank you sir, so it appears to be the bug reported in the other thread I linked to above that is causing me to pull my hair out, ha-ha.

I noticed while moving the planting containers around in the little area at the front of my house that while I am dragging them I get an on-screen indication of the "Growth rate", and in this case it is 0.1 -- I am assuming it is a mechanics issue of the game seeing the overhang as being indoors, etc. -- but does that mean my plants will still grow (once the bug linked to above is resolved), but just grow extremely slowly, or would the Growth rate of 0.1 be so low as to effectively mean they'd not grow at all in that location?

Thank you for your time and assistance.

5. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

Your plants should still grow, but will take several days longer than x 1 growth rate.

Celthon likes this.
  6. Celthon

Celthon Avatar

Thank you...slow is better than not being able to grow them there at all -- in my case it is more cosmetic than functional; will probably craft potted plants of some sort to decorate the front area with later, after the final wipe. For now was just experimenting/playing, and ran into the current bug linked to above and was getting frustrated.

Thank you for replies and information.

7. Gregoire Visaard

Gregoire Visaard Avatar

Want to learn about growing come see us my friend!

[​IMG]
    1. Ager Mori
      Longfall Growers Association
      "A co-op community for the serious farmer"

Administrator/Plantation Owner

Sea Bear
      ...come grow your game with us!

Can offer you a free village lot to grow all you like from now until end of the release, just pay the taxes, will spot you a few days worth in you need the help getting started.

Celthon likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.