Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Agro Changes :(

Discussion in 'Release 57 Feedback' started by disorder, Sep 9, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. disorder

disorder Avatar

It is seriously getting frustrating.

Before the patch I had no problem keeping agro. I had put a lot of effort into this, and had got good at it. There was no way my healer would pull agro off me, it just would not happen.

Then you made these brilliant changes to improve the agro system, and I've been having issues ever since

Now I am taunting inbetween every action and still I lose agro to my healer. I am spamming taunt like I never have before, and having agro issues that I have not had in months.

Please review these changes, something seems not right. I am not sure what info I could provide to help look into this, but if there is something I can add here let me know.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2018
    Witcheypoo and Xeng like this.
  2. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

Has your healer put on a Mouse ring?

3. disorder

disorder Avatar

Yes, and a white shroud. I have a black shroud and a troll belt. This continues to be a problem on high hp boss mobs.

4. gandik

gandik Avatar

the agro whith pet is not working too. if i send me bear attack a group of mob, they start attack the bear, but after i show on the scene too, they all turn attack on me even if i not do any damage or heal. the mobs whith half of hp becouse of the bear attack is turn on me too

Witcheypoo likes this.
  5. jschoice

jschoice Avatar

Interesting issue. My tank has not had too much problems with keeping aggro but I do notice a change. My bigger issues is when trying to pull mobs in a direction they tend to reset a lot quicker . I remember when mobs would chase you for eternity and this release it seems if I try to direct them a way just a little they reset.

6. xadoor

xadoor Avatar

We were taming the new bears last night and aggro was a mess. It was on EVERYONE except the tank. The only explanation we could come up with is that taunts and escapes maybe "MISS" on high level mobs? Adding lines in the log for these skills would be great. Adding in aggro points for all skills would be even better.

And assuming our guess is correct it would lead me to expect tanks that maintain aggro with damage(LIKE the OP REND skill perhaps) would be doing better than ones that maintain with taunts on high level mobs.

7. Tila Tenderfoot

Tila Tenderfoot Avatar

And the healer is wearing leather armor, correct? @disorder

8. CatweazleX

CatweazleX Avatar

Theory: If i understood it right, damage has a multiplier of one. So each hit point of damage given add one point to aggro. Escape remove 100 points, taunts adds 100 points. For me this means: as long your damage is less then 100 per hit, taunt will help to keep aggro. When your damage is more then 100 HP per hit the taunt becomes useless. Same with escape, as long your actions adds less then 100 aggro points you can escape.

Time Lord likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.