Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Air Mage no longer can sub as tank if they master?

Discussion in 'Release 51 QA Feedback Forum' started by Xee, Feb 21, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

So currently I have two roles Air Mage for DPS, and Tank.

Based on what I am reading correct me if I am wrong, if I master up the Air tree using the new skill then Earth tree is going to create issues meaning I would loose my Str buffs and the resists / avoids making tanking for me no longer a viable option? or am I readying into the attunement stuff incorrectly?

2. devourerofmemes

devourerofmemes Avatar

You just lose attunement in the opposite school, you can still use all the skills but as your air specialization goes up, every 2 attunement you get through air specialization gives you -2 earth attune. I think it's like plus 20 air -20 earth at lvl 100.

3. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

If you get Air Specialization to 80 then you will lose 16 earth attunement. That's the only negative. If you also get Earth Specialization to 80 then the attunement bonuses and penalties cancel each other out.

4. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

ok thanks. not as bad as I thought

5. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

Does the cancelling out of bonuses mean that you have levelled to 80 and get nothing for it if you also level in the opposite skill? I'm still confused about how this works :confused:

6. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

you get no extra attunement, but you still get the sixth glyph and the additional benefits specific to each skill

Kara Brae likes this.
  7. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

At 80, you get 16 attunement in the school that you specialized in and -16 attunement for the opposing school. If you also leveled specialization in the opposing school then you would get the same attunement bonus (canceling out the -16) and the same negative to the opposing school (canceling out it's +16 bonus). All other benefits would remain intact.

Kara Brae likes this.
  8. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

ah kk, thats not as bad then,.

9. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

And this is why this will majorly affect newer more casual players and not have intended effect, of working to reign on the ones who have just skyrocketed into stratosphere.

some players are going to specialize and think they are getting a boost (minimal, actually restricting) and those who have 100s of GM+ and billions of exp spent and in bank will not care, since they will be ale to adjust templates and continue to roll thru the game. (actually keep getting further ahead)

Chasing the Dragons Tail

10. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

What is further ahead? We all have the ability to get billions in our pools. Every other day I farm 300-500k in various places like that of the Rise etc. Myself I will specialize. That added attunement was my only concern to understand if it would affect all my builds or not drastically. only testing will tell if its worth it or not. Its more the abilities I am interested in for my primary skills.

Even those with 100... GM's does not really matter much as they are already ahead and I have no concerns to try and catch up as I would have to ditch my real life for that lol. Anyone who puts that much time in should be ahead imo. We all get there in the end when we cap ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.