Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Air magic highest stun + highest damage + chain lightening broken

Discussion in 'Release 30 Feedback Forum' started by Arkah EMPstrike, Jun 10, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

I think the dex bonus for air magic is making it too powerful, and i KNOW the distance on chain lightening is making it too insane. You can hit stuff way way out of range and out of line of sight (and inside locked houses) by ricochet chain lightning off your buddy, too.

KuBaTRiZeS, Xail, Luca Xante and 3 others like this.
  2. Vallo Frostbane

Vallo Frostbane Avatar

This is broken for ages now and there has been no change... I guess they want to change it in their balance combat patch.. I vote for fixing this stuff pre persistence so people can get an idea what kind of char they want to build, but it seems whale stuff is still more important :)

Roycestein Kaelstrom likes this.
  3. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

The spells have seen change, and i believe they do want to balance during the next combat love phase. I think you can already get a pretty good idea of what character you want to build. If it helps, Chain Lightening is intended to be an AoE air damage with a chance to stun. I dunno what whale stuff is.

Also, i forgot they are inteding to change enchantments this next release, which will probably affect the effectivness of the air spells, so as far as the damage goes i'd wager they are waiting till after that, but the range bug on chain lightning is a big problem in combat these days.

4. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

LoL Whale stuff is the players that paid large amounts he is being sarcastic or facetious in that statement, digging at the Dev team for appeasing big spenders.

5. Vallo Frostbane

Vallo Frostbane Avatar

Diminishing returns are not working as intended. Issues with selective MP beeing exploitable havent been fixed yet... not much time left.. lot of stuff broken. I would delay persistence, but I guess the game is getting into trouble financially so a soft launch is necessary. Just speculation though ^^

6. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

You forgot about lighting being 100% stun right now too. As far as the other skills, those people doing huge damage with air skills have also done a lot of work on their character. I am advt level 97, I SHOULD do crazy damage as the whole air tree is gmed. I would imagine fire would also do crazy damage if you skilled the whole tree gm, or earth, or sun. I am pretty sure I could do even more damage with fire then I could with air. Just with immolation, ring of fire and fireball, all at 80, with all the fire innates as 80, I do 150 damage every 3 seconds from the dots. As well, air tree has a skill called well grounded, and as you raise your attunement in air, air will deal less damage to you. The only thing really bad in air tree right now is the lightning bolt being 100% instead of about 50% like it says.

Fister Magee, EMPstrike and Beaumaris like this.
  7. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

i dont thinklt he damage needs looked at anymore until after defenses against it are added, but the skills themselves, by intention, should only be 10% better from lvl 80 to lvl 100, and lvl 100 is supposed to be 25% better than lvl 40, so i think the damage is comming from the stats on gear.

So since there will be soem different gear stats available next release i cant say whether the damage is too high or not before potentially new ways to mitigate it have gotten here, but i do know that fire is suppsoed to do more damage overall than air. So maybe the problem is that other spell trees need some love (fireball and ring of fire, death magic i've heard is extremely weak)

8. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

They arent in trouble financially right now, but a payment model that can persist along with the game is neccessary to keep it going. Im nto sure what you mean by diminishing returns, and they have been attempting to resolve the selective multiplayer issues. Geting close to the actual launch(at the end of the year, currently), persistence is something that has to be tested itself. you have to make sure you can handle things like exploits and bugs that arise without just wiping everyone's character, and other challenges that arise from not being able to wipe the game clean as a solution.

I wouldnt have delayed persistence, but i wouldnt be calling it a launch, or anything that makes people think its a game launch, either. Because the developers have been saying everything they are doing or intending to do and doing a good job of keeping us up to date, but unfortunately you have to know where in the forum to look (and watch hangout videos, which arent easy to search through) and without all that info, if ally ou've seen is "soft launch is coming in 1 month" everywhere, youll assume the game is launched more or less without digging to see whats gonna be compeltley new in 1 month after, and the next month after that, etc

9. Vallo Frostbane

Vallo Frostbane Avatar

Dimishing returns mean the possibility how stun locks are handled in PVE and PVP. Right now its making every other play style nonviable.
    I don't know how they are doing financially.. where do u get the info they aren't in trouble? Seen any data?
    All I see is the game is doing very bad in reviews and player base is very small, due to bad design choices IMHO.

For me its just a PR stunt to make the game persistent.. its a reaction to the bad reviews and decreasing interested of the backers in the title. I think its a smart move though if it is backed up by a lot of changes in R32-33 that take care of issues people have with the game. Begging for better reviews didn't look good... improving the game might work better ;)

Waylorn likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.