Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

All objects of my crates enter on my bag.

Discussion in 'Release 43 Feedback Forum' started by Gatsu., Jul 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gatsu.

Gatsu. Avatar

In this release.. (very laggy for me) .. all the time i want to open a coffers/bags on my house (using selection with mouse and then [E] to open.. to prevent movements of containers) .. i found that (30% of times) all object of the container came on my bag (200-300 objects) overcumbing me...

please developers can you make a "check" that prevent movements of objects that exced the maximum that a player can lift?

thx!

2. Solazur

Solazur Avatar

@Gatsu.

1st off I'd recommend setting a key (I use ' ) to toggle your deco mode. That'll prevent you from moving items. Next.. just stop using the E key on chests. Simple dbl clicking will open the chest. You will always ( I think) have the ability to pick up enough items to encumber yourself.

Duke Gréagóir and Gatsu. like this.
  3. Lazlo

Lazlo Avatar

I think it would also work to just not have a take all button that's activated by the interact key by default. Interact could either close the container or do nothing and the take all could require clicking. I think everyone has had times where they opened a container, lagged, hit interact again, and then when the container opened it immediately also emptied the contents.

Damian Killingsworth and Gatsu. like this.
  4. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Interact and Take all should definitely be separated - simple programing fix to have them reassigned action keys . . . .

Once done players can set them or just plain shut them off.

5. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

@Gatsu. I feel your pain, I'm playing on a laptop now so I'm using the use key for chests as well. I've probably done it 100 times this month.

The key to mitigating the damage is this: Don't click! The items are all still selected in your inventory. Mouse back over the chest and use the Use key again to open it. Now just drag the entire lot back from inventory (it should still be JUST what you accidentally took) back into the chest. *Whew!* Safe.

Also, if you are using an Nvidia machine make sure to update your drivers. Some real recent ones doubled the performance on my high end machine, this release. Sadly I am on a laptop, but Viola reported the change when I had her update the drivers after being confused that she was getting such low FPS on a machine that should have been handling it.

@Solazur if you have low FPS, using the USE key is sometimes the only way to get into vendors/chests/doors.

Elwyn and Solazur like this.
  6. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

The ridiculousness of the Take All button and interact being the same key from the start.....

SO often i do this, because i cant get the damn chests to open by just clicking due to lag.

I feel your pain OP.
    So annoying.

Solazur and Vladamir Begemot like this.
  7. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

FYI I am 95 percent sure the Devs already know of and acknowledged that this will be changed somehow, during three LB telethon.

Solazur likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.