Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[ALTAIR9000] Networking Connection Closed by Server

Discussion in 'Release 33 Bug Forum' started by Godra, Aug 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Godra

Godra Avatar

Been getting choppy freezes and this last one gave me this message...

[ALTAIR9000] Networking Connection Closed by Server

Friends Online Mode

Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
    Intel i7 - 3820 CPU @ 3.60GHz
    32 GB Ram
    EVEGA 980 ti x 2 in SLI
    Acer Predator XB321HK

2. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Is this a consistent reproduction? Is it still occurring for you? In which scenes?

3. Godra

Godra Avatar

Every time I play the game at some point it will start to freeze up and sometimes I get a windows message saying the client stopped responding. There was a time a few days ago I got the [PELICAN] message. Not sure if my CPU is bottlenecking. I turned down the graphics some and set my resolution to 2560 x 1440. It did freeze in my house trying to move to a crafting table. Brittany Central running on the path along the ocean water in front of the Blacksmith shop. I will be jumping in game now and see how it goes tonight.

4. Hornpipe

Hornpipe Avatar

I've the same problem in multiplayer mod. I've just got a connection lost message, few minutes ago.

That said, a patch has been pushed in the same time.

5. Godra

Godra Avatar

@Attenwood ok got the [ALTAIR9000] message again. I was in my Keep home in Brittany Fields just started to use the smelting table when I started to freeze up and got this message.

6. Godra

Godra Avatar

@Attenwood got another one of these running from Brittany Fields bank along path towards crafting pavilion. Between the [ALTAIR9000] and the [PELICAN], it's starting to get on my nerves.

7. Godra

Godra Avatar

@Attenwood another [ALTAIR9000] in East Veiled Swamp right when I started a battle with a croc. You asked earlier is this consistent and which scenes. Well, from all my posts its pretty darn evident that its consistent and happens in just about every scene when I am doing just about anything. I was fine up until R30 or R31 when I started getting the [PELICAN] server connection messages. Here we are 3 or 4 months later with a persistent world and we still have these issues. I am done. I didn't spend thousands of dollars for a choppy and unsmooth experience. I know it's a work in progress. I know it's still in development. But it's a game that is persistent. And if it's persistent then it should be playable. I am done spending money on this game. I'll spend my time and hard earned money in some other game. Let me when this bleeping crap gets fixed.

8. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

We are sorry that you are still experiencing this issue. We are working to investigate a cause on our end, which wouldn't be visible until R34 at the soonest. Without a 100% reproduction rate, it is difficult for us to understand the nature of the cause of the issue you're observing. We notice you're playing on Friends Only mode. We might recommend trying on Multiplayer to see if the issue persists there as well.

Going persistent doesn't mean "launch". It simply means we have gotten to a point of development where there was no more necessary justification for regular character wipes. We are still very much in development, and have actively prioritized stability and performance as our greatest concerns. We appreciate your support, and thank you for your patience as we work to resolve this bug for you.

9. Kabalyero Kidd

Kabalyero Kidd Avatar

I'm getting this just now... was playing normally then BOOM... disconnected... been 2 hours... hope I get back to playing...

10. Julyn

Julyn Developer Emeritus

Sorry you experienced this, too. We've been working on this.

Cheers,
    Julyn

Kabalyero likes this.
  11. Jon B

Jon B Avatar

This just started happening today to me this morning I updated r34 yesterday and then there was a 2nd patch. This morning i had another patch and now i'm getting altair9000 networking connection closed by client. It specifically happens when i move from zone to zone and inhibits me from logging in for the most part.

12. Rumblebore

Rumblebore Avatar

This is happening for me as of Monday Feb 20 2017. It happens in both Friends Online and Multiplayer mode. I am accessing ROBERT the Public Vendor in Owl's Head. When I open his menu It starts populating. After anywhere from 30 to 9o seconds the upper left window border adds (Not responding) after "Shroud of the Avatar". After a long wait the screen changes to a "zoning' splashscreen (variable) and then I get the [ALTAIR9000] error message that this thread is addressing. I have an Alienware 14 Laptop, unmodified. This occurs every time I try to access ROBERT. I should note that on Monday morning, I was able to access ROBERT without this error twice.

EDIT - 30 minutes after posting - I kept trying and was able to prevent this error by closing the text box where you type messages to guild, friends, etc. Opening a vendor also opens the regular test box in the lower left corner. Will advise if I see this happen again.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2017
    Moonlake likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.