Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

AMD Processor Bug Fixed!

Discussion in 'Release 40 Dev+ Feedback Forum' started by Kitty2, Mar 23, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kitty2

Kitty2 Avatar

Preliminary tests seem to indicate smooth playing with no hiccups with my AMD Processor using the new Unity build! I'm gonna keep on chugging and trying different areas and gameplay modes, but smooth sailing so far! :D

It's been a long, LONG time since I've been able to play - I had to use a 32-bit workaround to play initially, but even that got too slow to use after a few months, so I'm jazzed to be back. The game looks amazing; the towns and overland map have gotten quite an overhaul in the few months I've been unable to run around! Great work, guys; and a big thank you to @BurningToad for keeping me up-to-date and posted on the news with this issue! He deserves a raise!

Humbly yours,

2. craftymethod

craftymethod Avatar

My friend bought and alienware laptop at the end of 2013... has duel AMD cards. His game was crashing every time he loaded any of the bigger scenes, especially Central brit.

Think he would have better luck in R40?

3. Kitty2

Kitty2 Avatar

This specific issue was preventing people with lower-end AMD processors from playing the game in multi-player mode at all! In the past, I would crash immediately after entering my password. From my understanding, higher-quality models ran really hot or crashed frequently, so while I couldn't say for certain this would fix your friend's issue, it'll definitely clear up many of the crashes that were the result of compatibility concerns with the AMD. Encourage your friend to give it another go after R40 goes live at the end of the month, and see if it has cleared up - with luck, it'll do the trick!

4. Kitty2

Kitty2 Avatar

@craftymethod , as an update, I spent about 15-20 minutes this morning running around Central Brittany and Brittany Wharves. This is the first time ever I've been able to even see these zones! Any other time I've tried to enter them, my game would crash before they'd even load. I have a POS Hewlett-Packard with a bad AMD, so if your friend has a gaming rig, he should be fine! :)

liz_the_wiz and craftymethod like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.