An Open Request to Portalarium

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by HoustonDragon, Jan 5, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

One at a time. I think it's smart to go after the smallest one first.

2. Duke William of Serenite

Duke William of Serenite Avatar

Amen!!!This is what I am talking about. Every bit helps if we all pitch in we can make this happen.

With that said before posting about why this game hasn't launched ask yourselves.

What have you done to help the game launch? Did you create in game items? Did you roll up your sleeves and help PORT move ? Did you create a dungeon? How can you help? What talents or skills do you posses that can help here?

If you don't have any, take the time to learn how to code objects. There are people on the forums that will hand feed you answers.

Did you complain on the boards that the game hasn't launched but you have done zilch??

I hope not....

3. Moiseyev Trueden

Moiseyev Trueden Avatar

Ah... sorry I was thinking more along these meanings:
    pre-alpha - implementing basic mechanics and functionality
    alpha - working towards feature complete
    beta - working towards content complete/release ready

Womby, KuBaTRiZeS, Ice Queen and 3 others like this.
  4. Moiseyev Trueden

Moiseyev Trueden Avatar

100% this. At the very least... get in game and test how things work and give polite and respectful feedback if you can't do anything else. Don't just grab a hat and then do nothing else but complain.

5. Duke Ezekiel Cooper

Duke Ezekiel Cooper Avatar

Anone that's interested in this, please go in and show your support. This money isn't for me, this is for Portalarium, and to help with development costs... I'm giving away money to see this stretch goal achieved... Just take a picture and post it with a catchy little phrase. This is what it's all about guys... I don't want recognition. I want Portalarium to succeed. As all of us should... This is one of many ways to show our support to them. CLICK HERE

Moiseyev Trueden likes this.
  6. Bubonic

Bubonic Avatar

Unfortunately, this is not true, and has not been true for a long time. Port is no longer accepting art submissions.

Womby, sgt pEppEr, smack and 6 others like this.
  7. Greyfox

Greyfox Avatar

You need better friends. No one except perhaps those who own the game rights (Dallas, LB?) are irreplaceable. I suspect many of the names we know now will be unknown by E2 and new players will rise in importance. Anyone leaving is a loss but those vacuums will be filled.

Those considering leaving for greener fields need to consider no other game has as devoted developers or community. No other game has the potential and provides the tools for the players to create their own virtual world. No other development team cares as much. Consistently with minimal excuses this group of developers have delivered.

The journey is still long have patience. See the big picture not just your personal little mostly insignificant part. The potential for Shroud is too great to quit now. Those who agree, now is a perfect time to get some cheap pledges. Don't miss the opportunity twice.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 8, 2016
  8. Solazur

Solazur Avatar

Dude, my wife said I am not supposed to talk to you or or.. read any of that stuff you write or or...

lol dammit.. you always cost me $ :D

9. Greyfox

Greyfox Avatar

She is a keeper. Listen to your wife.

10. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

Can't say I'm a big fan of telling other people what to do with their money. But I'll say this, if I had enough foresight to know that these accounts would be resold this cheaply, I'd have saved myself a lot of money.

There's a lot of risk involved here. There's no doubt about that. But if the game does end up where I believe it could, it will be well worth it. Personally, I struggle all the time with the direction this game is going. Some days are great, and other days are horrible. It's not easy being this close to the development of a game. What has kept me here for so long, and I believe will keep me here to the end, is that the world being created here is ever so slowly becoming what I want it to be.

Solazur, 4EverLost, Ice Queen and 4 others like this.
  11. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

Lol, have you ever had friends? Clearly not good ones if you feel they are replaceable. Besides, we are advocating the same thing here: patience. :D

12. Greyfox

Greyfox Avatar

I don't consider someone a real friend unless I can reach over and smack them in the head. Even those friends are replaceable.

13. Duke William of Serenite

Duke William of Serenite Avatar

Sad news I did not know this...

14. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

Lol, fair enough! I don't differentiate between the two (physical or virtual), but we are all different. Which is what makes life great. Though it is nice to be able smack them in the head from time to time lol ;)

15. HoustonDragon

HoustonDragon Avatar

@DarkStarr - I appreciate the feedback on the topic, and like others, am working to be equally patient to see yours, Richard's, and the rest of the team's visions take place. My largest concern (especially with some comments here) seems to be the "Good riddance!" attitude towards backers who did pledge to ensure Shroud was a reality, and a perceived silence by the team about their valid concerns and the overall direction.

16. ThurisazSheol

ThurisazSheol Avatar

or don't and click here

Solazur and Moiseyev Trueden like this.
  17. Ice Queen

Ice Queen Avatar

Obviously, I'm not looking for monetary return from my pledge and didn't insinuate I was. :)
    I merely meant for me I saw it as gambling when I pledged, in no way did I ever think I would be investing and get my money's worth in years of play. Each one of us pledged for different reasons. I respect that you may see it as an investment in the future of gaming and that was your reasoning.
    I pledged and see it as a gambling......when I pledged I said "Let's roll the dice!" :)

18. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

I dont see anything in these kickstarter quotes that portalarium is not adhereing to

Sophi, KuBaTRiZeS, Leostorm and 3 others like this.
  19. ThurisazSheol

ThurisazSheol Avatar

gotcha, semantics and nothing more. in essence we have the same hopes here. :) - i think part of that misunderstanding was my taking each comment as a separate statement and not as one holistic message.

20. Ice Queen

Ice Queen Avatar

Ahh you have family and friends that will be playing with you as well? :) Let's keep our fingers crossed we win big! lol. :)

Solazur, Leelu, KuBaTRiZeS and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.