Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Angry about world map change

Discussion in 'Release 30 Bug Forum' started by Vaclav, May 27, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vaclav

Vaclav Avatar

Player Bug Report Template
    1. Title: Angry about World Map change
    2. Reproduction Rate:
    3. Blocker?
    4. Details: before R-30 you could reach the boat to Hidden Vale from Elad's Island, now in R-30 you can not, either let us reach the boat to Hidden Vale from Elad's Island again or move my town, I paid you tons for my POT and it's location then you change stuff to make the location less attractive and less accessible, that is not acceptable! and also not acceptable to wait in line for a change to make this right

Whyterose Flowers likes this.
  2. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

We are aware that the critical refactor for Novia would produce issues regarding town placement. We are happy to make adjustments desired, however they may not be observed immediately. If you would, please respond with location coordinates for where you would prefer your town to be placed on the Novia map, and we will escalate the ticket immediately. Thank you, sir.

3. Vaclav

Vaclav Avatar

well it is hardly likely I can give you a better location, if the map keeps changing, but I will try, and I was not aware that map changes would be done to make travel more difficult..

new location please:
    I do not know how to get X, Y of location but here is a screen shot, I would like my town moved to the location my character is standing this location is across the bridge from Brittany to the south and in reach of the Hidden Vale boat...
    thank you and i apologize for my apparent mood, unsuspecting things like this make me grrrr
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. Brielle McFerson

Brielle McFerson Avatar

If you type /loc in the chat box you will be provided the coordinates needed.

Moiseyev Trueden likes this.
  5. Attenwood

It's possible this location may not be available due to its proximity to the Brittany scenes. We have been trying to avoid large POT clusters around major cities like Brittany. If the location posted above would not be available, do you have a second choice?

Additionally, you can receive location coordinates by using the /loc chat command in game. :)

We apologize for the inconvenience and stress this has caused thus far, and will do what we can to fix this situation for you.

6. Vaclav

Vaclav Avatar

secondary location would be across from where I am standing on that point of land, but at this time you can not walk onto that point, if a change is made so you can walk onto that point so you can reach the Hidden Vale boat from there, then that is my secondary location, the only way I will be happy about the change is to have ease of access to the Vale boat again, if that is not possible, I will just continue to be gravely disappoint in this Dev team for this and many other things. there are 3 POT's close to Brittany to the North, if it is OK for them and not for me all I can say is shame, so if you are adamant in not accommodating put Praga at LOC (138.5, 11.6, 87.1) and loose my respect forever

7. Attenwood

We updated the Novia overworld to match original designs. I will make every appeal to create the changes desired. Thank you.

8. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

Hello, Vaclav! I'll be your POT relocator today.

Short version: I moved your POT in the area of the second-choice position. Your POT changes won't be in with the next patch, but they'll be in with the next patch which is currently scheduled to go live on Tuesday.

Longer version: Sorry about the stressful situation. We understand many players have grown accustomed to the always-in-development version of Novia and the recent the changes to bring it close to the hand-drawn map can be confusing or even disruptive to some.

The ferry to Hidden Vale is intended to be a convenience accessible from the immediate vicinity of Brittany, and with that in mind the range at which it can be trigger won't be increasing and it won't be be made accessible from "Elad's island" across the channel However, I'm happy to move your POT closer to the Brittany and the ferry as you requested.

I can't put any POTs too close to Brittany. We want a certain amount of "buffer" space around certain landmarks and scene-entry points and Brittany is no exception. With that in mind, I can't put you in your first position, but your second choice is in the ballpark of what I can do. In your first screenshot, there's a single palm tree across the river, and a pair of palm trees beyond that. Your POT will be near that pair of palm trees.

Also, please know that the current collision in Novia is temporary and will be refined & improved over time, but I did go to the south east side of the river delta in your screenshot and adjust the collision closer to what will be the final version and can confirm the ferry can be trigger from that point of land.

9. Vaclav

Vaclav Avatar

Thank you so much for the move I now have the same timing of map travel I had before the map change

10. Sannio

You're welcome! :)

11. Grave Dragon

Grave Dragon Avatar

@Attenwood @Sannio

Hi Attenwood and Sannio,
    I was wondering if you could please confirm something for me. The original map of Novia which was revealed in the form of puzzle pieces had a dotted line connection (Boat connection) on it between Brittany and Port Graff. I was under the impression, based on comments from multiple Dev team members, that Port Graff would be a large port of trade which would help feed the player economy. The newer versions of the map do not show that boat connection so my questions is; is it still planned?

It was one of the top reasons I decided to place Dragon's Fall where it is today.

Thank you,
    -Grave

12. Sannio

Regarding the dotted lines from Brittany: The goal of Novia's recent updates is to make it better match our "cloth map/"hand-drawn map," which is the same as the map used by the POT submission form, seen below. As the game develops, we find that the world sometimes needs to change and the map along with it. Certainly, a map that looks great on paper doesn't always play nice with the tools and changes need to be made to accommodate one or the other. There's probably a few more tweaks to the hand-drawn map coming in the weeks ahead. However, the only boat from Brittany is the one that connects to Hidden Vale and I believe it's going to stay that way.

Regarding Port Graff as a large port of trade: The short answer from the dev perspective is that Port Graff will benefit from extra player traffic thanks to the story elements that bring them there, as well as being a meeting place for players who want to trade and harvest resources that are more common in Drachvald than other parts of the world. Over time, we'd like to do even more to make each city special and distinct from all others--but I'm not trying to be coy here and hint about anything specific about Port Graff, because I'm not...it's just a general statement that applies to all places in Novia.

[​IMG]

Lord Baldrith and Lord Andernut like this.
  13. Ancev

Ancev Avatar

Would be cool if POT owners could choose their own boat type (within reason) to be displayed in NPC towns, and boats connecting NPC towns to one another were more easily identifiable in some way.

14. Grave Dragon

Grave Dragon Avatar

Thank you very much for the clarification on the maps. Regardless of the boat connection, Drachvald is shaping up well and I love the changes your teams are making to the overland map as a whole. Thanks again for your reply and I look forward to seeing what's in store for the future. :)

15. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

I support grave about this. He has what I think is the best looking pot in the game.

16. Grave Dragon

Grave Dragon Avatar

Thank you so much for your kind words, it means a lot to me. I will let River know she has fans!:)

17. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

I kept hearing about it from others, and you know I really do focus on training. I made the exception after hearing about it so much, I had to see it. Even the crafting area just looks awesome. River did an amazing job.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.