Animal helms and Taxidermy funiture.

Discussion in 'Archived Topics' started by Kumakaze [BEAR], May 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stile

stile Avatar

My next door neighbor set a new state record this year with a 15 point buck he took.

Anyway in topic.. LOTRO does a fantastic job on their trophy system in some ways (poor in others). It is the reason i have 9 houses.. As thats what it took for me to use em all... To bad its worthless instanced housing.

Point is.. I have friendly competitions with other trophy collectors and it adds something to the game.

However based on the last pen of the avatar we know well have something like this... I already want that bone chair!

Don't personally care for such items? Note my name and contact me when you have some to sell! Game currency only....

2. monxter

monxter Avatar

+1
    Sounds good. Delivering trophies would be a nice addition to hunting. I'm advocating for somewhat realistic hunting in SoTA, meaning that to succesfully hunt it'd require a skillset to actually take down game.
    I'm talking about tracking, stealth, ranged attack, and perhaps traps too. Things that would make hunting a viable profession: instead of every avatar being able to do their own hunting, which is imo silly.
    Comment on my hunting thread in the wish list if you want to support that idea. I like the ideas on this thread!

3. DavenRock

DavenRock Avatar

I enjoyed wearing an orc mask in Ultima, and there were several different types. What would be great is if there were many different types of hats depending on the nature of the character. For instance, a healer would have specific types of hats that would raise certain stats/skills, whereas a hunter could use the same hats, but not get the stat/skill gain necessary for that type of character. However, for aesthetics and character immersion, having a preferred choice of hats that are liked and then deciding what stats/skill gains to place on the hats would be best imo.

Are we talking about taxidermy and hats, or just taxidermy?

4. stile

stile Avatar

We are now talking about taxidermy and hats both, whether intended or not *grins*

I know you've been bantering around in LOTRO a bit. The thing that game does best in my opinon is the cosmetic item system.. although the down side to it is your probally not going to give it much rp justification. you could come up with some ways, but they are stretching things a bit.. on the other hand while im all for RP and immersion, sometimes functionaility is a bit more important.

I had a complete collection of every helim in UO.. but then again I think I owned a complete collection of everything there was to own in UO, except of course for all the unique and some rares. I don't really collect much in real life. I do collect by Garriott's definition of the term, but I primarily collect in game as it doesn't cost me what it does to collect in real life. I once collected MTG cards. I sold the collection for around 25,000.00 about the same time I quit UO.. when I collect something I get a bit obsessive about it but luckily for me, im not into collecting for the sake of collecting.. it has to serve a use, be something that achieving the collection I want is realistic, and affordable for my life style/income. Luckily in real life almost nothing that interests me falls into all those categories.

That said, Ive always liked taxidermy and can't afford it in real life, so would love to see some of it in UO. Although I do have a jackelope fake I got my wife :)

5. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

I've got a jackalope too! I really will have to find a place to put it up after I'm done moving. :)

6. stile

stile Avatar

My wifes a big rabbit fan (we actually had to put down her last living real one last night so shes not doing well today. He was hitting a very old age of 9 and his heart was giving out), so the jackelope was a great gag gift one year. I went with a wall hung over the full mount to make a place to put it simpler, although from what I understand the full body ones are a bit harder to find. Was recently watching oddities and enjoying some of the taxidermy stuff they did (I want a sloth now....). Would love to see taxidermy in SotA!. I think it would be a good skill to give to the hunter and another way to make some players have needs from other players.

monxteri likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.